MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 01-30-2022, 01:58 PM
Master

Great Ed! Thank God and that your mission here will continue on!

Old 01-30-2022, 09:21 PM
Enthusiast

Great news, my brother!
Thanks for the update.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:51 PM
Master

Great news Ed, thanks for the update.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:38 PM
Guru

Hear of VAERS?

From the Discovery Institute, hardly a right wing conspiracy based organization.

For example, it is fact, not fiction, that the government’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) has had more adverse reaction reports filed for the COVID-19 vaccines than for any other vaccine since VAERS started collecting data in 1990. Indeed, as of mid-January, 55 percent of all adverse reactions, 59 percent of all hospitalizations, and 71 percent of all deaths reported to VAERS are from the COVID-19 vaccines. What these data mean is subject to legitimate differences of opinion. But the fact that the data exist is unquestionable. Yet if you spend much time discussing VAERS in social media or on YouTube, you are likely to be banned.
https://evolutionnews.org/2022/01/th...-2022-edition/
I highly recommend everyone read the article. Anyone can still go check those VAERS statistics if they're so inclined, still.

As some of you may know my son is a trauma care doctor. He is very concerned about the rate of bad side effects he sees in his patients from these vaccines. Any other vaccine would be pulled from distribution. He also is very concerned about the censorship around it on social media and major media for that matter.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:21 PM
Hall of Famer

God bless and keep you safe, Ed. I too have had it with those who say that whether or not they get the vaccines or wear a mask is their business and no one else and I just want to pull my hair out when I hear someone say that there is no such thing as COVID.

Doug

Old 02-02-2022, 10:08 PM
Master

Just yesterday, Johns Hopkins University released an expansive study that concluded lockdowns and other covid mandates, including masking, reduced mortality from covid by only .2%, across the entire US and Europe. It does not speak to vaccination, but it does call some messaging into question. Since the outbreak, Johns Hopkins has been at the forefront of worldwide covid data collection, analysis, as well as research. The study also breaks down mental health problems, drug overdose, suicide, unemployment, and on and on. The study is a meta-analysis, meaning they didn't commission, generate or otherwise create the data.

Proof of anything or argument settler, nope, but a small piece of the story.
Old 02-03-2022, 04:49 PM
Hall of Famer

If you're part of the 0.2% lower mortality rate it's a big deal, not that I'm not tired of masking and having almost everything shut down.

Doug

Old 02-05-2022, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Lester View Post
If you're part of the 0.2% lower mortality rate it's a big deal, not that I'm not tired of masking and having almost everything shut down.

Doug
I suspect that I fall into that percentage. And.. not begrudging anyone for their point of view, but from the beginning, mine has been that if the vaccine, the mask wearing, etc, ect., saved one life...then it's a very small convenience for me to bear.

I have to qualify that statement in that recently declassified information means I can now say that back in 1995, when I landed in a Middle East desert for my second tour there....

As we deplaned, there were two medics....one on each side of our single file line....giving each of us one shot, in each arm. On our shot records, all that appeared was "Shot A" and a date.... "Shot B" and a date. We were told "It's classified.... DON'T ASK!" Both of those "shots" were Mrna vaccines, intended as chemical weapons defense. So the Mrna stuff was being used 30+ years ago.

So in my mind the "untried vaccine" excuse doesn't float. Even more so in that during my illness, my Doc flat out said.... "Glad you got the vaccine, otherwise we'd likely not be having this conversation" meaning in his opinion, I'd not have made it through even the Omicron variant.

I'm not even gona get started on the "my rights" thing.....except to say that Freedom IS NOT Free! And if someone can't grasp that...then there's no point in me trying to explain it.

I promise my next post will be knives....and not this stuff!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 02-05-2022, 01:50 PM
Master

How you feeling each day Ed?

I recall dad telling me in his service days that they lined up and said drop 'em or roll the sleeve up. He said they poked him plenty.

As well, thank you for your service! And your continued recovery!

Old 02-05-2022, 06:33 PM
Hall of Famer

I know what you mead. I don't recall when I was in the Navy or the Reserves being asked if I wanted to get a vaccine, it was fall in line.

Doug

Old 02-05-2022, 08:16 PM
Master

Hey Ed,

I'm glad you brought up the topic, and I'm glad you're getting it under control. I hope these topics are okay now and then.

I'm not anti vax, never was. My comments had to do with the messaging around this thing. I don't mind at all if others feel differently, all I figure is some of the things I bring up aren't streamed on our phones, but are sitting out in plain sight for people to look up. And, I'm thinking science and medicine things.

I don't think your original point had much to do with the vax anyway. For us, Cheryl had a many, many months doctor's wait for important stuff, because.....covid mania paralyzed life for a long time. We're not unfeeling towards frustrating consequences.

Real life is all it is, Craig

Tags
a, back, bee, blade, breakdown, ca, case, chemical, cold, custom, design, designs, easy, edge, fac, fighting, flat, make, making, military, question, show, survival, video, what kind