MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion

Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion What's hot in the industry. General information about factory knives and mid-tech knife products are discussed in here. Tips, maintenance and modifications also... come on in!

Old 07-21-2005, 07:53 AM
Enthusiast

Rat Rat Rat...

Swarm Rats run in my home.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via AIM to leatherbender Send a message via MSN to leatherbender Send a message via Yahoo to leatherbender
Very nice!! Best thing the swamp ever did was add micarta handled knives to the lineup

Old 07-21-2005, 11:56 PM

And here we will have to agree to disagree. I've always thought the Res-C handles were much more comfortable for a working knife. The sculpted micarta looks great, but is harder on my hand, elbow and shoulder. Not my preference for a working knife.
Can't complain though, as long as the RatsNest keeps the Res-C handled knives in the line

Mike

Old 07-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Steel Addict

Send a message via AIM to leatherbender Send a message via MSN to leatherbender Send a message via Yahoo to leatherbender
Variety is the spice of life, and I agree fully, the res c handles are unbeatable for comfy chopping.

I did discover an interesting mod for sharp micarta handles, wrap in paracord, takes less than 5 minutes and makes for a nice comfy and shock absorbing base. Start at the first rivet hole and end at the last and its off to the boonies.

Speaking of chopping and cutting, I hope it clears up a little today and I can get some pictures ouside. Its been so soggy lately, and the humidity is just insane. Double 90's is no fun!

Old 07-22-2005, 09:53 AM

90 squared is indded no fun! We've had record heat here too lately, over 100 in the 'flats' of Colroado Springs, and mid-90s at my house. Nobody up here at 9000' ever thought we'd need AC, hope it cools some soon !

Whaddya think -- would the ultimate Rat chopper be a RatDaddy with a Res-C handle?

Mike

Old 07-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Steel Addict

Guess, I'll have to tell Devilki that too many Rats in a house is not healthy, sinatary's sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherman
I did discover an interesting mod for sharp micarta handles, wrap in paracord, takes less than 5 minutes and makes for a nice comfy and shock absorbing base. Start at the first rivet hole and end at the last and its off to the boonies.
Got pic of that?? :confused: :confused:

Me too, like the Res-C a lot better. But then I like the Res-C on the Basic Line a lot more than that of
the Rat . . .
Old 07-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Steel Addict

Got a pic buried somewhere around here, I hope, lemme do some checking and see what I can find for ya.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherman
Got a pic buried somewhere around here, I hope, lemme do some checking and see what I can find for ya.
I 've got your work.

Very nice sheath.... Dwayne.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:41 PM

Verrrrrry cool inlay Dwayne - what is it ?

Mike

Old 08-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Steel Addict

The inlay on that one is a type of python according to the lady I got the scaps from. I'll have to sit and tell the story on that sheath sometime soon when I get the time, in short Devilki, take care with that one eh? The lady was a friend of mine who worked at the leather store that I frequent, she passed away a few weeks after giving me those scraps. A train carrying chlorine derailed, the resulting gas cloud killed everyone in a few miles radius. That sheath is a result of working through the grief of her loss and the anger at the rail road for letting such an "accident" happen.

I know Santi was eyeballing that one but the guy wouldnt send overseas, how the heck did you pull it off??? That mean you have two Safari Skinners? :cool:

Old 08-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast

Ohh... sorry for her passed away. It made more worth for this sheath. I'll keep them as long as I can.

Yeh... I have 2 skinner but now one've gone to my friend. I keep this one since it's come with your work. And it is the kindness of my friend "Slydlok" who got it to me.

Thanks for the story.

Devilki

Tags
knife, knives