MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 09-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Skilled

Send a message via AIM to Ron Claiborne Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Claiborne
Bowie- hammer-in

Its that time of the year to meet in East Tn. for a good time and learning and great fellowship .
Im hoping that we have a good crowd as we have had in the past .
to gather together this time of the year with fall colors and winter coming kinda reminds me of what it must have been like in olden day when mountain men would meet for resupplying and just see and meet new friends
we have a good lineup of demonstrations and some thing for every body from the very newest maker or first time student to the very advanced makers . we will cover or try to a wide range of knife making methods . -Forging - fit and finish - heat treating -proformance -stock removal-grinding - tool building - history-engraving - wire inlay - cutting contest- iron in the hat - Damascus making and other things related to knife making.
Lin Landrum Js, Bill Wiggins, Wes Byrd JS , ken Durum MS , James Batson MS, Burt Foster MS,Rade Hawkins JS, BillyBob JS, Mark Zalesky.Pubisher of Knife World-Richard Williams Master Craftsmen, the Real Larry kemp and a few fake Larry Kemps - Dana Akers-Allen Longmire -and my long time friend Jimmy Hyde and others will try to give you something to learn.
ALL ARE INVITED--- SPREAD THE WORD MAY ADDRESS IS 2918 ELLISTOWN RD.KNOXVILLE TN.
my place is close to restturants and motels to stay .
camping on the place is fine no huck ups .
tailgating sales
be here meet new people have fun with old friends ,looking forward to seeing you all .
let us know if you can attend.
dates OCTOBER 14-15-16- phone if you like 865-524-2054
BOWIE

Last edited by Ron Claiborne; 09-25-2005 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Steel Addict

Count me in Ron! Can't wait!

Those of you "on the fence" about going, Just GO! I went last year at the urging of "The Real" Larry Kemp and Bowie. I was (and still am) a complete "noob" at knifemaking and had not even attended an "all knife show" or laid hammer to hot steel....Now I'm building a forge, have a grinder, forging tools, supplies, anvil, etc. I am totally hooked and have been counting the days to Bowie's Hammerin!

All the best!

Mike Roesch
Chattanooga, TN
Old 09-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Master

ron , you better tell everyone WHEN . they need a date - paul

http://www.phforge.com

Old 09-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Skilled

Send a message via AIM to Ron Claiborne Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Claiborne
October 14--16 2918 Ellistown knoxville Tn.
phone if you like 865-524-2054
I also have my email up again Bowie2002@comcast.net

Old 09-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Guru

Just thought I'd let you guys know that Mike Garner and I will not be able to supply the Thursday night "early bird" entertainment of putting up our tents at dusk in the wind. I'm going back to the motel thing.

KempKnives.com
Old 09-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Steel Addict

Larry, if you wimp out and do the motel thing, how will we really know if you are The Real Larry Kemp ? Just kidding!!! Look foward to seeing ya'. Bill
Old 09-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Skilled

Bill we all know that the real larry kemp has 1/2inch thick glasses ,one side blackened out cant remmber whitch side .I think it changes as his eyes straighten up some .

he also has a hump on one side of his back ,a peg leg witch is a few inches shorter than it should ,im thinking becouse of the draging it on the pavement when he wants to stop his hog `hes not hard to pick out he only has three fingers on one hand and on the other a thumb and a half finger a very bad event when the pegleg didnt work in stopping the hog .
he talks to himself alot due to the study of patteren welded steel . well its more of a murmmuring .
shoot id know him any where mostly becouse he has that bicycle flage whip tyed to his belt, he told me its so his wife can find him in the mall
Bowie

Old 09-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Steel Addict

The drooling all over himself is a dead give away as well!!!!! Maybe we should get him one of those shirts with "Some days its hardly worth chewing through the restraints" printed on it. That way, everyone could tell he was the real deal. Having said all that, you still gotta like the guy!!!!

Bill
Old 09-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Skilled

But Bill i will realy miss Dances with tents . Bowie

Old 09-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Steel Addict

Talking

Hey guys, what I should do is borrow my friend's "Army Medium" tent! Sleeps 5-6 on cots, has a wood stove to heat it! Rent/trade out out spaces in it... Now that's the life! Trouble is it takes six guys to unload & set up! (Guess the Army had excess "personnel" available for that!) so I'd probably be trading out for help setting up!

I have to camp out, no shaving or shower so my wife don't think I have been out all weekend "consorting with floozies"!

Mike Roesch
(Will be roughing it in the back of my Jeep like last year!) :cool:
Old 09-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Steel Addict

Smile

Ron,

If you are having computer problems, I could take a look this weekend and see if I can help you out...I'm a "computer geek" in "real life"...

Just let me know...

Regards,

Mike Roesch
Chattanooga, TN
Old 10-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Steel Addict

Official Notice! Official Notice!

I've been on the fence due to a very heavy work load....but "I've fallen and can't get up"

Looks like I've landed on the I'm definatetley not going to miss this one side. I'm coming down!

I'm rolling into town on Thurday and will be able to attend Friday and Saturday. I can't stay for Sunday...errr...actually I don't want anyone to see me cry when I hear those most beautiful bag pipes rising out of the early morning fog at the break of dawn in the East Tenn hills. What a special event!

Soon to be south-bound with a big ol' stupid grin on my face!! Can't wait!!

-Rob

Old 10-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Steel Addict

Looking foward to seeing you Rob. I have been hearing rumors about drive wheels from some guy up in Va. Been wanting to talk to you about that. See ya' at Bowies.
Bill
Old 10-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Steel Addict

Well guy's I don't know what to expect but I'm coming down from Canada for this event. Ive never been to one of these before, but I passed up a moose hunt for it . I'll be bringing my wife and daughter as well so I hope there is a mall around in case they get bored. Looking forward to meeting everyone and talking knives to whoever will listen
Old 10-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Skilled

Great Rob im looking forward seeing you again `i was hoping you could make it would not be the same if you were not here .
if you guys want to see or get the best grinders ,be sure to talk to rob hes the best.
bowie

Tags
blade, forge, forging, knife, knife making, knives