MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Business of Knife Making

The Business of Knife Making A forum dedicated to all aspects of running, managing and legal operational issues relating to the custom knife making and custom knife selling industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2003, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Shows and how to choose them...

Knife Shows: This has been something that I've been thinking on for a couple of years now. As a full time maker, should a person concentrate on the larger shows? How do you determine which shows you should attend (from a business standpoint) and which ones to pass up? My thoughts right now are to try for 4-5 major shows a year. Of course there are many considerations concerning which shows to make........ popularity with the public, travel and lodging expenses, how to get there, and any number of other things. Right now I have it in my mind to Attend the OKCA (Eugene, OR) show, and The Blade Show, but am still undecided on what others might be good. I certainly want to get into the ABS Reno show, but that will depend on table availability.

My thought is to try to expose myself to the widest cross section of potential customers I can......and that mean getting to the east coast too.....or maybe even overseas. Let's talk a little about what shows you feel are good, and how you view Knife Shows as part of your "Knife Business."

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."

Tags
blade, knife, knives