MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Old 09-29-2005, 06:14 AM
Master

Contest and exhibition of cutlery. (Albacete 2005)

I will utilize 2 distinct translators

Wanted to show to the friends, some photos of the Contest of Regional Cutlery of my city .Es the most important of Spain.
The photos are of low quality and I did them when there were few people in the exhibition (in the morning) and the pieces are inside shop windows, therefore, the reflexes of the crystal appear .
La exhibition is provided with a paragraph of contest, with several categories (razor, knife, scissors, knives cooks, ....). have informed this year in knife (the last one that I taught in the forum) and I have received the first award; the knife will happen to be a property of the museum forever and there are already 6 works of mine in the museum.
Also the paragraph of pieces is out of contest and I have extracted photography of some of the pieces. I have showed the knife of our friend Cowles and our craftsmen have liked very much; I have felt very proud to show it in my city.
This exhibition the visit thousands of persons, since .Nuestras is inside a few Fair facilities more important holidays are celebrated in September - from September 7 until September 17. Our fair is visited by approximately 500000 persons, many people move from other parts of the country.
Only mostrar? some photos of pieces of cutlery, but if the friends wish it, mostrar? some photos of the Fair. Thank you and the mostrar? in 2 times (for not abusing the space of the forum)

Montejano
----------------------------------

I wish to show the friends, my city's some photos of Cuchiller?a Regional's Contest .Es the more important Spanish.

The photos are of low quality and I did them when there was not enough people in the exposition ( in the morning ) and pieces come within display cases, therefore, appear the crystal's reflections .La the exposition has a post office box of contest, with several categories ( pocketknife, knife, scissors, knives, cook, etc....... ) .I have participated this year in knife ( the latter that I taught on the set ) and I have received the first prize; The knife will pass to be the museum's property forever and right now has 6 works my at the museum.
Also the post office box of pieces out of the running is and I have drawn photos from some of pieces.
I have shown our friendly Cowles's knife and it has been pleasing to our craftsmen very much; I have felt very proud to show it at my city.
This exposition the visitor thousands of people, because Feriales .Nuestras finds himself in the inside of some facilities they celebrate more important parties in Septiembre - of the 7 to the September 17. Our fair is visited by some 500000 people Persian, the a lot of people from another parts of the country moves around .
Only I will show some photos of pieces of cutlery, but if the friends desire it, I will show fair's some photos.

Thanks and I will show them in 2 times ( not to use too much of the space the forum in the same day ).

Montejano

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-29-2005, 06:21 AM
Master

Montejano

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The photos will continue
Old 09-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Master

Antonio, Amigo gracias por los fotos, son cuchillos muy lindo! Especialmente su cuchillo, Quiero un cuchillo, suyo. gracias otra vez por el visto.

Paul Vandine
Old 09-29-2005, 09:16 AM

Gracias Antonio...

Each one is more spectacular than the next. You are so fortunate to be surrounded by so much extraordinary talent!

These photos were all immediately saved to my "Special Knives" folder.

Dennis Greenbaum

Old 09-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Steel Addict

Although there are some very beautiful knives on display I still think yours is the prettiest of them all

Marcel
Old 09-29-2005, 01:45 PM

The showing of these knives is proof positive that hidden in the cities of the old world there are great cutlers lurking. It is my belief that the cutlery art exists in the old world through genetics.....no one could produce such fine work without having some gene in the chromosome chain to help influence what they are producing today. I would also like to include the artists of this country in that wholesale statement. Somewhere in our background an ancestor did something that effects what we produce today. Senior Montejano and his artist friends, as are we, the benefactors of our genetic influence and artistic desires.

?Andrew S.?....made me say that....along with a Tamale Sub and a Coors?s. :cool:

This does make for a good question?.The art we do?.is it influenced by our physiology or does it just come from the desire to create unique and unusual art?.or both? The knives on this thread are gorgeous and make us ask allot of questions. I certainly am one of those who would love to be able to do it all?sculpting, etching, enameling and the list goes on. I am guessing that to be able to do the kind of work shown, alludes to the fact, that many have apprenticed for a number of years and then went out on there own?that is a question I would like Senior Montejano to answer?.Do they have a cutlery apprentice program in Spain and do they have a program for up and coming engravers?

I can?t tell you how much I appreciate having Antonio be a part of this forum. In fact I appreciate our entire out of country participants?.it give us an opportunity to see the influence of cutlery and engraving designs we can?t see in other places. We have one of the best knife shows right here on this web site and on top of that we can learn how to do what we see. That?s the best of the best.

Thanks Antonio for a great knife show!
Jim

Last edited by Jim Small; 09-29-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Steel Addict

Congratulations Montejano. Your knife is superb. All of those knives are pure art and can only serve as an insipration to anyone that appreciates quality.

Best regards
Andrew Biggs
Old 09-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Master

Friendly Paul, Dennis, Marcel and Andrew, thanks for his extra words toward works.

Friendly Jim
Thanks for his consideration. A pleasure is for me being between you all great personal honor.
I discovered this forum for our friendly Don Cowles and I have learned from you very much learned .He another forms to work and another different style to record. Enter you find craftsmen and engravers with a lot of talent and I am Cowles's great admirer, Joe Mason, Darren, Tim Adlam, Ray, Jim Small, etc........... Believe that I have a lot of esteem and appreciation to to them. Thanks for his friendship friendly.

I will attempt answering to his questions and reflections, although the translator is not very good.
My answers, only music personal opinions and I can be wrong, but I believe than:

The human being is discovering by nature, but creative no; I think that life is a great mystery. In our enthusiasm to discover this mystery that is the life, the human being evolves constantly through the midways that he has within one's reach and ARTS are an extraordinary vehicle to express and to manifest deep sentiments and inmates.
Are artistic expressions genetic, physiological or the desire to create art? . Possibly be both, because genetically the human being ( in his genes ) carry the desire and .El need the need of artistic expression caveman, he already painted and he expressed himself through art.
The satisfaction that we experienced when accomplishing a artistic job, than fill us personally, he is unequalled and inexplicable; It's my guess that he gets out of the SOUL.

The friendly Jim asks me, do the programs for craftsmen's formation of cutlery and engravers Exist in Spain? . I must tell him that the craftsmanship of cutlery in Spain goes back to the century XVI and through the time to lasted, for the direct drive to the apprentices ( at ancient workshops ) and he has suffered very hard stages stop to subsist craftsmen.
Them modern and competitive times give rise to a manufacture of modern and mechanized cutlery; In order to be able to compete specially with Asiatic products ( China ); This harms notably true craftsmanship.
At present in Albacete ( principal Spanish city in cutlery, more important than Toledo ) almost the craftsmen get authentic and the way to maintain the craft tradition, he is with Cuchiller?a's Contest ( every year ) he supposes a stimulus for true craftsmen.
It was founded he does some years, a school of cutlery in Albacete; His purpose is to teach to the pupils during courses of formation and when finalizing these courses, to sit up to any factory of cutlery. But he learns his true craftsmanship to crosswise of a master artisan and of personalized form.
The future of our cutlery is very uncertain and being realist I see it very badly. The craftsmanship will last while the maestri to transmit it be left ( these craftsmen, they can have a hand's their fingers )
But if we talked about engravers, I am the latter of a generation of engravers. My father was the latter engraver and I caught the relay he does 23 years. Of autodidactic manner I have learned how to improve the technique and to learn to carve, to enamel, etc......... They turn to my services for especial works to authorities of my country; But does not exist school of engravers .Espero transmitting my knowledge in a future, in order that they not get lost .
I ask forgiveness for my extension of the text, but our friendly Jim .Aprovecho's questions to say you have seemed very interesting to me, that also I value him highly and I admire Jim to him.

A hug to all of the friends of the forum.

Montejano
----------------------------------------------------
Amigos Paul , Dennis, Marcel y Andreu, gracias por sus palabras de respeto hacia los trabajos .

Amigo Jim
Gracias por su consideraci?n . Para m? es un placer estar entre ustedes y sobre todo un gran honor personal.
Descubr? este foro por nuestro amigo Don Cowles y he aprendido mucho de ustedes .He aprendido otras formas de trabajar y otro estilo diferente de grabar. Entre ustedes se encuentran artesanos y grabadores con mucho talento y soy un gran admirador de Cowles , Joe Mason , Darren , Tim Adlam, Ray, Jim Small , etc ........... cr?anme que les tengo mucha estima y aprecio . Gracias por su amistad amigos .

Intentar? responder a sus preguntas y reflexiones , aunque el traductor no es muy bueno .
Mis respuestas ,son solo opiniones personales y puedo estar equivocado , pero creo que :

El ser humano es descubridor por naturaleza , pero no creador ; yo pienso que la vida es un gran misterio . En nuestro af?n por descubrir este misterio que es la vida , el ser humano evoluciona constantemente a trav?s de los medios que tiene a su alcance y las ARTES son un veh?culo extraordinario para expresar y manifestar sentimientos profundos e internos .
Las expresiones art?sticas ?Son gen?ticas , fisiol?gicas o el deseo de crear arte? . Posiblemente sean ambas , porque gen?ticamente el ser humano ( en sus genes ) lleve el deseo y precise de la necesidad de expresi?n art?stica .El hombre de las cavernas , ya pintaba y se expresaba a trav?s del arte .
La satisfacci?n que experimentamos al realizar un trabajo art?stico, que nos llene personalmente , es inigualable e inexplicable ; yo creo que sale del ALMA.

Me pregunta amigo Jim , ? Existen en Espa?a programas para la formaci?n de artesanos de cuchiller?a y grabadores? . Debo decirle que la artesan?a de cuchiller?a en Espa?a se remonta al siglo XVI y a trav?s del tiempo a perdurado , por la transmisi?n directa a los aprendices ( en talleres antiguos ) y ha sufrido etapas muy duras para subsistir los artesanos .
Los tiempos modernos y competitivos dan lugar a una fabricaci?n de cuchiller?a moderna y mecanizada ; para poder competir especialmente con los productos asi?ticos ( China ) ; esto perjudica notablemente a la verdadera artesan?a .
Actualmente en Albacete ( principal ciudad de Espa?a en cuchiller?a , m?s importante que Toledo ) apenas quedan aut?nticos artesanos y la forma de mantener la tradici?n artesanal , es con el Concurso de Cuchiller?a ( cada a?o ) supone un est?mulo para los verdaderos artesanos .
Se fund? hace unos a?os , una escuela de cuchiller?a en Albacete ; su finalidad es ense?ar a los alumnos durante cursos de formaci?n y al finalizar estos cursos , incorporarse a alguna f?brica de cuchiller?a . Pero la verdadera artesan?a se aprende a trav?s de un maestro artesano y de forma personalizada .
El futuro de nuestra cuchiller?a es muy incierto y siendo realista lo veo muy mal . La artesan?a perdurar? mientras queden maestros para transmitirla ( estos artesanos , se pueden contar con los dedos de una mano)
Pero si hablamos de grabadores , yo soy el ?ltimo de una generaci?n de grabadores . Mi padre fue el ?ltimo grabador y yo cog? el relevo hace 23 a?os . De manera autodidacta he aprendido a mejorar la t?cnica y aprender a tallar , esmaltar, etc ......... recurren a mis servicios para trabajos especiales a autoridades de mi pa?s ; pero no existe escuela de grabadores .Espero transmitir mis conocimientos en un futuro , para que no se pierdan .
Pido perd?n por mi extensi?n del texto , pero me han parecido muy interesantes las preguntas de nuestro amigo Jim .Aprovecho para decirle a usted , que tambi?n le aprecio mucho y le admiro Jim.

Un abrazo a todos los amigos del foro .

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Master

Montejano

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...2/HPIM3575.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...2/HPIM3576.jpg

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-29-2005, 08:09 PM

Antonio
Thanks for your reply. I fully understand what you express. I think, because of this forum that we all live by the saying ?Pass it on". Hopefully, we will accomplish this goal for those that want to learn. Antonio, you are a part of this forum and therefore an integral part of the teaching process. I checked back to previous threads and yours are some of the most read and studied. You help feed the hunger that exists on this site....Thanks.
The knives you have posted are wonderful. Thanks for being here!
Jim
Old 09-30-2005, 01:26 AM
Master

Friend Jim
Thanks to you and to the persons in charge of the forum, for affording to incorporate me into this forum; you are persons with desires to teach his knowledge and to transmit to other .Pero what more I appreciate of you, it is his warmth, respect and the friendship that is received in this forum. I have showed works with a different style, but I have learned very much also, seeing you to work.
I hope to take part during a lot of time here, perceive as if it was my house and perhaps some day, let's be able to know each other in person. Thanks for his friendship Jim!

A hug

Antonio
---------------------------

Friendly Jim
Thanks to you and to the responsible ones belonging to the forum to afford to sit up to this forum,; You are Persian with desires to teach his knowledge and to transmit another .Pero it what else I appreciate of yours, it is his cordiality, respect and the friendship that is received at this forum. I have shown works with a different style, but I have learned very much also, seeing them to you working . I hope to participate for a long time here, I perceive as it were my house and perhaps someday, may know us in person.
Thanks for his friendship Jim!

Best regards

Antonio

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-30-2005, 07:26 AM
Skilled

Antonio.
Thanks so much for this spacial view of knives that we may never have had the opportunity to see other wise. The craftsmanship on knives in your country is superb, I can sit and study the details for hours. Thanks again.
Darren

DarrenP.Reeves
Custom Hand Engraving
Billings, Montana

1-406-245-3444

Knife in Avatar
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Tags
knife, knives, pocketknife