MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2021, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
OFF TOPIC: A way to save you some money!

This is off topic, and NOT about knives, but I'm healing up from the kidney biopsy, and was online, browsing Amazon's "Deal of the Day" section..... and something dawned on me....

I have a couple of browser extensions... "Honey" and "Camelizer", which help you check prices when you land on product pages while browsing. "Honey" is the one I find most useful for Amazon, because it brings a little side popup/button that I can hit to see the price trends of the item I'm looking at.
Today I noticed that nearly every single item that I reviewed, which were all on Amazon's "Deals of the Day", had gone up in price right before the went "on sale", to the tune of the "Sale price" being anywhere from $1 to $5 MORE then the item was list for a couple days emailer!

So what does that mean? To me it means we're getting ripped off most of the time, when buying from Amazon's "Deals of the Day" section.

My advice is to first try those browser extensions (Honey and/or Camelizer to show you the pricing over a period of time) and...if you see an item you want that's in Amazon's "Deal of the Day" section.... save it to one of your lists, and I'd bet dollar to doughnuts that within a week it will be cheaper than when it was listed in the "Deals of the Day" section.
I've found that the "Honey" browser extension works with most sales sites. It's saved me a significant amount of money not only on Amazon, but as bit of a tech nerd, it's also come in handy on Newegg and other computer/parts sites, as well as most other sites that offer items for sale.

It's even helped me track prices on several Knife supply sites..... In fact I have used these tools to keep track of knife supplies I commonly purchase, and have learned to stay away from a couple of those sites.... because they are doing what can only be called ripping people off!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."

Last edited by Ed Caffrey; 05-31-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Tags
a, advice, bee, buy, ca, card, knives, made, make, sale, store