MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 04-08-2017, 10:37 PM

"Knifemaking is in my DNA"

This is a blade that's been in the work for months, finally I am happy to be able to show it off!

[video=youtube;wB7eV6-BEDA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB7eV6-BEDA[/video]

This concept came to me quite some time ago, and it took me winning Forged In Fire to finally scrounge up to the funds to move forward on. The handle and general blade shape was waterjet cut from 1/2" thick 5160 spring steel, then forged to shape from there. Had to get inventive with some stuff - sanding the twisted areas was a nightmare - ended up leaving bits of forge finish some places because I wanted to allude to it's forged nature. I gently hot blued the handle to protect all the nooks n crannies.

Overall I am very happy with this knife; it's sharp as the dickens and light in the hand. Let me know what yall think,

Theo
Old 04-30-2017, 11:54 PM
Skilled

Now that is COOL! Really unique and inventive.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:38 AM
Guru

Bet the water jet was expensive. Lot of forging for 1/2" spring steel. Worked out really well and is a unique one of a kind knife. Should fetch a good price unless you're keeping it for yourself?

Tags
5160, bee, blade, dna, finish, fire, forged, forged in fire, forging, handle, hot, integral, knife, knifemaking, sanding, sharp, show, steel, video, water, waterjet