MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 03-09-2010, 03:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Rock Cowles Send a message via Yahoo to Rock Cowles Send a message via Skype™ to Rock Cowles
Cool Grind Ins & Shop Tours

As some of you know, my dad, Don Cowles, is an established knife maker. Unfortunately, he lives in Michigan, I live in South Carolina, and we usually see each other at the Blade Show or if someone is getting married and that's about it.

I have had a lifelong love of knives and have had a growing fascination with knife design and making. I have pretty severe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and it and the expense have been my main reasons for not trying my hand at knife making. I have watched new guys here start with hand tools and make good quality knives.

We have a number of makers in the Carolinas, and I would be thrilled to attend a Grind In or spend a day with a maker, or six, in their shops. I am sure I am not alone in this.

If this is something you would be interested in, as a maker or as a new maker, please let others on the forum know in this thread regardless of your location. As I said, I am sure I am not alone and most of us get as much joy from sharing our passions, as others do from learning about them!

Thanks

Tags
blade, grind in, knife, knife making, knives, mentor, shop tour, teach