MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2004, 09:08 PM

Engraved Practice Plate for side by side....

Some few threads back there was the mention of swapping smoke prints. Ray Cover introduced the idea. I recall everyone was in favor. I was wondering ?where do we stand on that idea?

I have included a practice plate of a project that hopefully will be forth coming. It has been my tradition that when a client presents a project of such magnitude I will often create a practice plate. It takes a little longer than a drawing?but it gives the client a good understand of your capabilities. Below is a portion of a side plate that will be part of the project. I am drawn to this style of engraving. I believe that you could say a style from the early 1900's, maybe late 1800's forward. I do, as you know, other styles of engraving simply because it puts the bread on the table. I will keep you up to date on this project and how it turns out.

Maybe Ray can tell us how to get started on the smoke prints?

Jim

Tags
knife, knives