MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:28 AM
Skilled

Where's all the articles

Ok, I know I've been gone awhile, but I still remember how to navigate this site or at least I thought so. Where are all the articles we used to have here. Chris Crawford had a slip joint article, Don Cowles had a how to on inserting a Gem and there were a bunch of others too! I've been on here all night trying to find them!

Last edited by Anthony Chaney; 10-25-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

I remember seeing those same things but I don't remember if they were tutorials or just threads. I think threads drop off after some period of time (years?). When someone notifies me of an available tutorial I put a link to it in the Tutorials Sticky. But, even tutorials have to actually be somewhere and sometimes those places don't last forever. Most tutorials are on their creator's website. If the website shuts down the tutorials disappear. Or, if they posted the tutorial on a public website like Photobucket those disappear automatically after a period of time. Something like that is probably what happened to the things you're looking for ...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Skilled

They were all together in a tutorial forum. I got to thinking and the only thing I can come up with was maybe they were on the old CDK forum. I may have to go to the way back machine to find them.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

Well, we still have the Tutorial Sticky at the top of this page. But, like I said, they disappear when the website that hosted them shuts down or deletes them ...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 10-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Skilled

Thanks. I don't know how I missed that sticky, but I did. It's in capital letters too with the word TUTORIALS.

Like the old saying goes, if it was a snake, it would have bit me!

I found Chris Crawford's slip joint tutorial on his site. I have all of them saved somewhere because back in around 2003/04, I sat down at the puter and put all the tutorials over into Word so I would never lose them. I have tutorials from all over the Internet somewhere! I just don't know what disks there on or where that disks is! My labeling and filing system system is about like my knifemaking skills, it stinks! hahahaaa.

Tags
back, bee, chris, crawford, how to, knifemaking, tutorial