MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 01-30-2004, 04:42 AM

I am just a newbie, but I do understand you and I've got the same opinion. It doesn't only apply to knives, it's just common sense... if you use someone else's intellectual property, give them credit for it.

I cannot judge what has been happening here... I just wanted to post a method of avoiding such complications in the future by displaying that you actually did the work yourself... by taking pictures of it... and of course, give credit to the original designer / maker of your template if you didn't design all of it yourself.

Cheers,

Georg
Old 01-30-2004, 05:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to hammerdownnow
The step by step threads are a great learning tool. They are enjoyed and encouraged here. They are a great way to spot mistakes early, or learn an easier way to do something.

Altho it is hard to take and give critique with the type written word in the right spirit.

Old 01-30-2004, 08:25 AM

Right... as this thread has demonstrated again, it's quite hard not to let misunderstandings arise in an asynchronous online medium that uses only words, no expressions, emotions or explicit sidenotes to show how you really feel about something. Quite easy to feel attacked or too heavily criticized when the choice of words is not optimal or explanation is lacking.

Best thing is to meet in person... but hey, who's gonna have me at his home for some days when I can muster the money to visit the U.S.?

Ciao,

Georg

Tags
bee, black, blade, blades, bolster, easy, fac, fire, first time, forge, grinder, grip, hawk, hollow grind, image, knife, knife making, knives, machete, made, man, tang, tanto