View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 07:06 PM
Living Legend

thanks

Thanks, Mike and Bob, for the kind words. I'm sorry it took so long.

Bob, economically, since I've already paid for the art, it would be wisest for me to go back to Marking Methods for repeats of the same stencils. I have no qualms saying they are a benchmark in quality. That is, of course, if they'd sell to me; after bashing them a bit I might be on their "list".
Otherwise, I would feel comfortable going to any of the companies (Martronics would have to keep the candy-bar off the stencils, of course), and will if I require different stencils from what I have now. My experience has taught me though that one must be very careful of the artwork and how it is rendered. Many art submissions are going to have to be redone just to get the best quality etch. Buyers should be very certain of what the seller is offering in quality from buyer-prepared art; a sample may not be a bad request, even if it's adulterated with a purposely added mark to prevent knife use.
An unanswered question here would be expectations of longevity. I toss my stencils after 2-3 uses, so did not address that issue.
I'm sorry I won't give a better answer of who I'd use; I'd feel uncomfortable doing that at this time, so soon after these write-ups.

I know for a fact that the people who have dealt with Lectroetch and IMG are very happy with the results and performance. The others I have no direct knowledge from any maker. Perhaps they'll chime in here.