View Single Post
Old 01-01-2002, 12:04 PM
srjknives

Tips, Tricks of the trade, etc.?

Tell me how you keep from losing small parts. I know the little containers work well, like fly boxes, screw/nut boxes, etc. and I use them. Other ideas?

I use 35mm film containers for some things, like holding/storing gold shavings and scraps, until I have enough to recycle
When you drop a little part on the floor, what is your immediate reaction? For me, I try to do nothing but watch it to see where it falls and follow it with my eye until it stops. Moving my feet out of the way helps aviod a ricochet off of the foot and into the farthest corner of the shop. If you can watch the fall and the path, you can often keep an eye on it until it stops, rather than scrambling after it and losing sight of the little bounder.

Just a random thought on this New Year's Day of 2002. (There, I wrote 2002 for the first time and didn't even write 2001 instead.) Well, now I did, I guess. Have a great and safe one.

Any little tricks, or tips could be added below, and they'd be appreciated, I know.

Just FYI, the next post will be number 900 on the SRJ Forum. Man, that's a lot of talkin'! Hope it wa sworth everyone's time, certainly was for me. Thanks!