View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
I just saw on another area of the forums, and individual opening asking for plans and specifications for a KMG grinder. In my eyes that's pretty ballsy.

I know the KMG is without question the most plagiarized/copied grinder ever, and I also know that many of the other grinders out there are at least in part copied from the KMG.

I also know for a fact, they have never gotten a red cent in royalties, nor even the courtesy of someone asking if they could copy the machine or parts of it.
Yes.... I understand that the machines are not patented, and even if they were it would be a full time job/going broken thing to try to defend any patent... but I get really angry at the sheer lack of common decency/courtesy these days in the Knifemaking world.

If you're going to copy something, at least have enough manners/morals to ask that individual or company, rather than openly advertise on public forums for "plans and specifications". Anyone who would openly do that..... I would not trust them as far as I could throw them.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."

Last edited by Ed Caffrey; 07-17-2021 at 07:38 AM.