Thread: Battle Gear
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2001, 07:59 AM
JHossom

Battle Gear

From the beginning, starting on 9/11, my Retribution line of Combat Knives was designed to go to war. Three of the four have been designed since then and the largest was not completed until after 9/11. Aimed at equipping troops, this group of knives was also therapy for some of the anger and frustration I've felt since that terrible day.

From Top to Bottom:

Retribution: Evolving from my Hunter-Killer, but without the bolstered guard, this blade is 7", meeting carry length restrictions of some units. The extended swedge, with or without the serration's was ground with a 2" contact wheel and is fully sharpened. The small contact wheel allows the narrow edge to be fully developed within a very narrow space. The primary edge was ground with a 5" wheel, to allow removal of as much weight as possible, while maintaining a thick central spine all the way to the point. Handle is Black Linen Macarta with mosaic pins and thong hole. The knife is 12-3/4" OAL, and weighs 12 oz.

Massive Retribution: 12" blade, 18-1/2" OAL, and weighs 15 oz. Again the full length swedge, serration's optional, was ground with a 2" wheel and is fully sharpened. The primary edge was ground with an 8" wheel, also removing a lot of weight, while maintaining a heavy spine for strength. Same handle as Retribution.

Revenge: Tanto-edged version of Retribution, also with a 7" blade and same handle. Same specs.

Reprisal: 3-1/4" combat utility knife to accompany the above. This knife is designed to ride in any convenient location, especially a boot carry, and weighs just 3 oz. All edges are sharp, giving it a multi-role capability.

Now, we are ready...