View Single Post
Old 04-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Enthusiast

I take my aprouch to the the industry as it was shown to me. When I first started doing shows, Hugh Bartug (Ashley Forge) brought someone over to my table and said "This is Steve. He makes nice stuff. You should publish him" I was truely convinced at that point that this was the life for me. These people will take a moment of there time and help someone. Since then I try to pass on the favor. Weather it is giving someone an address to submit knives, having an extra table cloth in my show bag if someone needs it, passing on a sale to someone for something I would not do anyway or helping someone with there web site. Ther have been sooooo many times I was just one sale away from packing in the shop. You never know just how much you can help another knifemaker. In such a small industry every good turn does come back to you. After all we do this because this is what we love not because we think this will make us rich.