View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:09 AM
Skilled

Bill, the definition of "addiction" is: "Despite all evidence and consequence, you continue to do it." You are not alone. I'm starting a 12 step program. Step 1 is admit you have a problem, step 2 is send me all your knives for safe-keeping to remove the temptation.

What I really want is for you to post your vintage 14s. But I hate the tiny format of the in-house server. I can talk you through setting up and using photobucket which would allow you to post bigger pictures, post the same picture on various boards, re-post pictures later, etc. Could do it by phone easily if you would like to call some evening. Regards.

What is left to discover about M-14s? Random thoughts...
  • When and for how long were the extra long guards used?
  • Exactly when did the split-backs evolve into the rough back?
There should have been an exact date but no one has ever documented it... it seems as if everyone just waves their hand and says "about 1965-66"... that is a pretty big wave of the hand.
  • Need library - more pictures of M-14s in action in Vietnam...it was probably the most appreciated knife in the war, must be pictures out there.
  • Were there any "SS" marked Model 14s made?
  • How about this... do you know what the shop paid for each M-14 Solingen blade? Or what the cost of manufacturing each M-14 Solingen blade was? I have a good idea backed by some data, will post this evening.

Anyway, I'm going to add pictures of a few more vintage Model 14s as time permits.

Last edited by Jacknola; 04-13-2016 at 11:27 AM.