View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

OK, I'm stumped. I'm not enough of an electrician to be sure what's wrong here . Sounds like you probably have the set up correctly. Obviously, the machine works so the design can't exactly be wrong but maybe it isn't optimal. Has your dad looked at the design info posted on Bob Warner's site or any other site for building an anodizer or did he do it from scratch himself? Possibly if he looked at one of those other designs he might see a difference that would explain the results you are getting. The color change should be almost instantaneous.

You might try a test that I did once. I took two ordinary 6 volt lantern batteries and hooked them up in series to get 12 volts. Apply them to your setup instead of the power source your dad built. You won't get much color at 12v but what you do get should be very fast. If you have 3 or 4 lantern batteries, even better. If the color change is fast, the problem is in the power supply your dad built. If the color change is still slow, the problem is in the rest of your set up ....

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!