View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Master

Send a message via ICQ to Txcwboy
2nd attempt made today. Distilled water, SS foil wrapped around and overlapping the inisde of the jar, 2 tbs of TSP to a 3/4 quart water,Heavier wire on insides of anodizer , 2 grounds to cathode and heavy anode with SS 1/8 wire hook to anode. Colors are at the voltage they are suppose to be,got a real nice blue and a real nice purple. BUTTTT it took foreverrrrrrrr ! 8 to 10 min per side.Tried 2 at a time and it was REAL slow. It starts at bottom of liner turns darkest there and moves up slowly. If the very end is purple the top is nothing and middle is a little bronze. Measured the current, its 400 ma under a load.Measured the voltage in the water and its same as at post. I mentioned to my Dad ,the designer of the anodizer , that YALL would say it needs more current. He said its good for atleast 1 amp and its not drawing 1 amp and something about higher current would need higher voltage ... I =e/r blah blah He has been doing electricity for 60 yrs so I cant argue with him. I took pics if it would help. Let me know . So it should all happen in less than a 10 sec? We did run the voltage up to 100 and got a rose color and it did happen a lot faster at the higher voltage but wasnt no way fast.

Dave