View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Quote:
If you are going to build, you'd better have a solidly tested set of plans and then follow those plans to the letter. Otherwise you will be chasing vibration, belt alignment, etc.
That simply cannot be overstated! I would also add that setting out to build your own grinder takes a level of fabricating skill that many who try, grossly over estimate in themselves. It's certainly not something a person should attempt as their first fabricating job.

I might be rambling here....but the one that always gets me is when someone calls me, who is attempting to build a grinder, and can't get anything to align properly. It's always turns out to be that they cannot grasp/understand that when you weld two hunks of steel together, the weld cools, and it "pulls" the materials one way or another.... or both..... and that you have to learn/understand how to compensate for it when welding. Right back to those "fabrication skills"

That's also the reason that the top end machines use few or no welds in their build.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."