View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Enthusiast

My Knife Workshop nearly finished

This has been an ongoing project since we moved into a new house last april

has been posted in UK Forum over that time but thought it may be of interest here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO having moved a few months ago Ive been struggling to get stuff out of boxes and make blades or knives Im lucky that ive now got a lot more space from the end of a single garage to now a wooden workshop the size of a single garage all to my self with room to give each area its own space ( i hope )

I first insulated then lined with OSB board

and for a few emergency jobs I set up the grinder on its bench from the old workshop in the corner

with lots of stuff filling the rest of the space waiting to be sorted as well as another shed full of boxes

I wanted to separate the Grinder as much as possible as even with extraction due to the windows i had to make it a bit bigger than i wanted but now ive got 2 Aly grinders and decided to put in the polisher which also makes a mess and a few other machine tools its getting full fast :O
Space is best used by only making the benches 400mm deep just enough to mount the tools and lessen the area avalible to build up stuff :ninja:

so heres the plan so far

Its taken a while but this last week ive managed to get progress and finish that bit

tho it needs the extractor and pipeing and an electric Ring main and lights :O
oh and a rubber mat floor and some cupboards for each tools bits and the door fitting :surrender: oks its nearly finished

progress however the other end now looks like this
but will be fitted out with kitchen units and worktops