Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > sheathmaker

Conversation Between sheathmaker and Outrider
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. sheathmaker
    05-11-2012 08:59 PM
    sheathmaker
    Yes, I will be at Blade again this year.

Some of the studs I use are furnished and custom made for the piece by the knife maker. You may have seen a photo or two where they were used.

Paul Long
  2. Outrider
    05-06-2012 07:54 AM
    Outrider
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the come back on the studs. I too also use the ones from Tandy but the ones in your photo looked different for some reason...lighting I guess. Are you planning to go to the blade show in Atlanta next month?
  3. sheathmaker
    05-05-2012 07:23 AM
    sheathmaker
    The Sam Browne studs I use are from Tandy/Leather Factory. Stock number 1309-01 Brass and 1309-02 in Nickel plat over brass. You will also need the little specially designed setting anvil 8112-00 These are rivet back studs which I prefer, but you might also like the screw back version 1310-01, 1310-02, 1311-01, and 1311-02. They do not require the special anvil.

Paul
  4. Outrider
    05-01-2012 04:15 PM
    Outrider
    Hi Paul,
    Not sure you remember me but we have spoken several times via telephone (a few months back). I really loved the sheaths you sent of to the UK...great looking. One question...where do you get the "Sam Browne buttons you put on your sheaths? They look somewhat different than the ones I have...they appear to have a much thinner shaft.

Are you by chance going to the blade show in Atlanta next month? I have teamed up with Jon Graham here in Cleveland Tenn., and have been doing some sheaths for him...so I may go to the show for a day in his booth

Thanks
    Rich Leonard (AKA: Outrider)