MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 02-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Registered

Dave Beck Knives

Dave Beck, the original maker of the Tracker knife (seen in the upcoming movie "The Hunted" and the current issue of "Blade") is back in business.

He has begun production of new Tracker knives and expects to begin filling orders by the end of March.

These will be made of 01 tool steel and will be differentially tempered. Handles will be olive/black linen micarta and the sheaths will be premium quality English bridal leather. I believe the blades will be polished and blued.

I own one of his original Trackers (as well as several other models) and I can assure you that these are first rate knives! I can't wait to get my hands on the new one!

For additional information you can contact Dave at (610) 670-5319.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:42 AM
Registered

BTTT
Old 02-27-2003, 07:42 AM

BTTT....??? Hmmmmm.

Landjaeger, welcome to the CKD. I hope you'll look around more and see what we are REALLY into. It usually doesn't include the word 'production', and BTTT's are *usually* reserved for the For Sale forums.

Sounds like this fellow will do good. What's Dave's history on Custom's? What's yours?

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 02-27-2003, 03:14 PM
Registered

Dave is as custom as you can get. He makes every knife (and sheath) by hand.

If I remember correctly he started making knives around 1989. He made knives full time from about 1991 until 2001. He has been doing it part time since then.

I know there have been a series of articles on his work but off the top of my head I don't remember the where and when. Tactical Knives did an article on his Trackers some time ago.

As for me, I have a fair collection of Dave's knives as well as a collection of khukiris. (the real ones made in Nepal, not the POS Indian models)

Sorry if I stepped on any toes with a BTTT post. I should have pictures of Dave's new Tracker in the next week or two to post.

Dave is an incredible artisan. I think the people here will truely be able to appreciate his work.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Landjaeger
Dave is an incredible artisan. I think the people here will truely be able to appreciate his work.
I think you're right. I'm looking forward to your pics. Sounds like you have some knives that don't sit in a display case as often as mine!!

Thanks for the comeback! See you soon.

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 03-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Skilled

Question BTTT ???

What does BTTT stand for??? I am kinda new around here.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Registered

BTTT stands for" Back to the top". When there are alot of recent posts, it knocks your post way down the list and people don't get to see it. Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here too.
I did the BTTT here mistakenly. I went looking for my post and coulldn't find it. I found it in a search and assumed that it had been bumped way back.

Last edited by Landjaeger; 03-11-2003 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:45 PM
Registered

Beck Knives

Dave asked me to post this for him:

"Due to legal complications regarding the manufacture of the Beck TRACKER, I David R. Beck, have decided not to reintroduce the Beck TRACKER. It is in my best interest and with respect to the interests of all other parties involved that I make this decision. I will not be taking orders for, selling or manufacturing the TRACKER.

I deeply apologize to the many enthusiastic customers who had hoped to get their hands on an original Beck TRACKER.

This will be a sorrowful day in the custom knife world as we have lost a fine work of art."

Dave's website is up and running and should have some new designs that he will be taking orders for very shortly. There is a pretty extensive display of some of Daves work on the site now. Check it out. I think you will be impressed.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:29 PM

Well the ceasing of the Tracker must be disappointing. I can understand what might be happening what with the other Tops 'Tracker' firmly getting to market. Sorry for him.

Nonetheless, as you mentioned Dave's work is impressive and varied. I especially liked the 'French Long Knife'. Please chase him in here. It don't cost much...

Thanks for the followthru.

Coop

Old 03-22-2003, 11:52 PM
Master

I think that Dave should continue to produce the knife and just not call it *The Tracker*. It is different enough from the Tops knife that I don't think that there would be a problem.

Old 03-23-2003, 05:31 AM
Registered

I agree wholeheartedly! Keep an eye on the site this week. There should be some news. Of course, if there is, I'll post it here.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:53 AM
Master

It is great to see that Dave has decided to keep making this knife. It's new name is the Wilderness Survival Knife. There is also a companion to this knife. Check out the link below.

http://www.beckknives.com/Our_Products.html

Tags
blade, knife, knives