MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 11-04-2002, 01:43 PM
Guru

Telemarketers And Mail Spammers

I receive anywhere from 3 to 6 telemarketer calls every day...I don't want an unlisted number and rather than allowing them to waste my time...I think I found the solution by just stating three simple words..... "Hold on, please."
Saying this while putting down your phone and walking off instead of hanging up immediately would make each telemarketing call so time consuming those boiler rooms would grind to a halt. When you eventually hear the phone company's beep beep beep tone, you know it's time to go back and hang up your handset, which has efficiently completed its task.

And if it ain't telemarketers...its junk mail!

When you get ads in your phone or utility bill, include them with the payment. Let them throw the stuff away.

When you get those pre-approved letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and junk like that...most of them come with postage paid return envelopes... right? Well... why not get rid of some your other junk mail and put it in these cool little envelopes!
You can send it back empty if you like.
They can pay for it twice for all I care!

THERE! I feel better.

Just a few Consumer tips from your old Uncle Tim...:evil
Old 11-04-2002, 02:30 PM
Master

Send a message via AIM to jdlange Send a message via MSN to jdlange
That's too good. I will be mailing all my junk mail out in this manner from now on. As for the telemarketers, when I answer the phone and they start their pitch I just say "Can I do it naked?", no matter what they selling they generally do not have a response for this and just hang up. Plus it gives me the satisfaction of knowing I have seriously confused at least one person for the day. hehe.

Gilbert " Gib " Guignard
12/02/35 - 7/15/05
A man like no other.
Old 11-04-2002, 02:37 PM
Living Legend

Ad mail

Don't just send it back to them. Send them the stuff from someone else. Let Bank One see what AMEX is offering! Just take off the parts with your name!
Old 11-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to blademan Send a message via Yahoo to blademan
Junk Mail

Outstanding!

I allways send it back and put in big black letters (marks a-lot)

Please remove MY NAME from your list.
And It has slowed a lot, I don't get as much as I use to.

And Telemarketers I have a "TELEZAPPER" and that is outstanding. after about a week I hardley have any calls a all.

The only way they can get through is dial direct.

KnifeMakers Are Pretty Sharp People
Old 11-10-2002, 08:32 PM

Location: Clearwater FL. U.S. OF A . and don't you forget it !!!!!!!!!!!!
sending back junk mail is great. i've been doing what tim said for a couple years now.i must be going nuts though because i got a little corner on my bench where i keep those no postage required envelopes from i don;t even know who and fill-em up with other crap mail and dutifully send them on there way.

Old 11-10-2002, 09:10 PM

My mailbox is in a little cubicle on the street which also houses our recyclable bins. Before I even leave there, I flip all the unwanted mail right in the bin. It's fun! Tip: It's 100% standard that ANYTHING that doesn't have first-class postage is SPAM!!!! Some with the full stamp as well....

I am also sick of getting uneeded address labels and stupid puppy dog calenders from Veteran's organizations that I have given to. My donations are being spent on JUNK! Now-- right in the bin! Sorry.

I toss at least three catalogs a day in there, too. Including some knife-related ones. It's all just good crap that I don't need.

Most telemarketers have that tell-tale three second pause as the computer spools up your info. Good by....!!! If they have a real voice I have no reservation on simply saying "no thank you" in mid-sentence and hanging up.

I avoided spam on my email for two years, but all of a sudden I got hit. Now I delete three to five a day. ####!

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??

Tags
knife