MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

View Poll Results: Are you a blue collar or white collar worker?
White collar 55 36.91%
Blue collar 94 63.09%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Skilled

CTHulhu, pulling double duty in 2 or more services is pretty rare! Thanks for your service! I bet you have some fond memories of working at Randall too.

Take care, Tony Z
Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 AM
Steel Addict

Started out selling insurance while going to college and law school. Practiced law for 4/5 years before I found out I hated LAW. Sold my practice, moved to FL. where I was a beach bum for a few years while I taught myself how to make jewelry. Operated a one-man goldsmithing studio for the next 35 years. It was closed in June of this year and I have decided to finish the knives that I started 35 years ago and go on to bigger and better things.

I want to make it clear that I am not retired. Anyone that operates a one man business NEVER GETS OVER BEING TIRED IN THE FIRST PLACE. ...Teddy
Old 12-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Steel Addict

I am a corrections officer at the county jail. I have been doing this for 4 1/2 years and plan on making it a full 20. I have been making knives for around 5 1/2 years and my current job lets me have lots of time in the shop and with the family. I'm young enough ( only 29) to have a second carear, but I don't know if I will want to go into making knives full time or not. I would hate to have somthing that I love to do turn into somthing that I have to do.
I guess I have a little time to think about it.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Master

I'm a body man! I fix crap and hammer metal all day... I have done this since I graduated high school so 11 years now. It's a dirty unhealthy job but... Uhhh ya that's all.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Skilled

Retired US Army and Yes Proud to Serve my Country . Now A Disabled US Army Vet . My children and wife come first , my home 2nd and my hobbies Last .

Sam

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !
Old 09-30-2013, 11:08 PM
Enthusiast

Blue collar...
Been a phone guy in some aspect or another since '94. I started as a lineman, joined the USAF and became, what else? A phone guy! I later fixed that while in the reserves by retraining to Security Forces. A belt-fed machine gun is way more fun than CAT-5! Did Lucent phone systems for a few years and taught some linework/basic phone guy stuff. Now I still work as a phone/internet/CATV tech.

My EDC is an old yellow Case trapper. I've tried to replace it time and time again, but it won't just go away. It's perfect for my EDC needs.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:03 AM
Enthusiast

I have done a little of most blue collar jobs. Farmed for 20 years, worked construction, drove truck, worked as a mechanic, ran a welding service, ect. My wife and I now take care of an autistic family member full time and I am trying to get into knife making to try to retain what sanity I have left. For the first time in my life I have smooth hands. My EDC Is a cheep buck liner lock.

Tags
back, bee, blade, brand, custom, damascus, fixed blade, folding knife, forging, hammer, how to, hunting knife, iron, knife, knife making, knifemaker, knives, kydex, military, pocket, randall, sheath, spyderco, steel, wood