MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 04-23-2001, 11:55 AM
Tom Ferry

OKCA show

I just returned from the oregon show and it was outstanding to say the least. The amount of quality knives was truly impressive. I had a great time and met some great people. Congradulations to Ed who won best handforged with a very cool knife. I would like to thank Jon Christensen and Ed Caffrey for the invite to dinner on sunday as well as the rest who were present. I mean its not that common to have dinner with 3 mastersmiths. It was cool. Well hope everyone made it home. Thanks Tom Ferry
Old 04-23-2001, 07:15 PM
NickWheeler

I'll second that, it was a great show!

For those of you that haven't heard yet, Tom won Best Hunter/Utility of Show with a beautiful damascus hunter. Congratulations!

It was great to put some faces with names from this place. I got to meet a lot of great guys this week-end.

Hey Tom, good to see you posting on here

Nick
Old 04-23-2001, 07:43 PM
primos

Tom,
Congratulations, and welcome to the forums. We're proud to have you.

Congrats to Ed too!

Old 04-23-2001, 09:24 PM
Ed Caffrey

Just got in about an hour ago! Had a great time myself. Tom and Nick both are doing some really fine work! Tom's damascus work is really outstanding, and the fit and finish on Nick's pieces is great to say the least!
Look for great things from both of these gentlemen in the future!
There was just so much going on at the show, it was really difficult to digest it all. Suffice to say that since the OKCA show is now the largest in the world, the level of activity matches!
Just flat out, a GREAT TIME!
Old 04-24-2001, 01:14 AM
NickWheeler

Man, I don't think I can afford for Ed to be saying such great things about me

Ed Caffrey is one great guy! My dad prodded Ed for his autograph a few times and Ed was just too humble to do it. The first time somebody asks me for something like that, I'd probably break my neck getting to a pen... :evil:

There are a few guys in knifemaking that "expect" your respect because they make great knives. Ed is one of the guys that EARNS your respect as a good man...that can make GREAT knives. That's the order I like it to be in!

Ed, will you be at the Montana show in July? I'd sure like to make it over there for that, I've never been to Montana.

I agree, expect to see Tom Ferry's name coming up in a very big way!

Thanks Guys!
Nick

Old 04-24-2001, 01:41 AM
Tom Ferry

Ok thanks for all the compliments and Nicks comment on Ed is right on the money. Great to hear from you again Nick and dont cut yourself short you do make a great knife.I will see you at the Tacoma show. We also need to get together and swap techniques since we at least live in the same state. Talk with you soon Tom
Old 04-25-2001, 01:04 PM
Jon Christensen

Well hopefully this will make sense. Just got home from the OKCA show. We treated it like a vacation so took our time. Put 3000 miles on the ole van. Feel rather punchdrunk at the moment.

Old 04-25-2001, 02:12 PM
Jon Christensen

That was wierd, had to sign off before I finished my message and didn't hit the post button but the message still showed up.
The show was great. So many talented people and so little time to get to know them. Was nice visiting with Nick Wheeler and my cousin Tom Ferry, both of you guys have an incredible amount of talent.
Congratulations to Ed and Tom on your awards, they're well deserved.
Thanks to Ed Caffrey for introducing me to so many people and for making the show so fun, you're salt of the earth Ed!!!
Jon

Old 04-26-2001, 01:44 AM
NickWheeler

I'll tell you guys, Jon is forging some #### nice knives as well.

I gave his work a good going over, and he's doing great work. Very clean, nice temper lines, and all very comfortable in the hand (Hey, just because I can't make a perfect knife doesn't mean I can't be a brutal critic )

We'll be seeing Jon's name grow too

Nick

Tags
forging, knife, knives