MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 08-17-2011, 11:10 AM

Guild 2011 Fall Meeting Announcement - Nov 5th; demo & direction announcement added

The Georgia Custom Knifemakers Guild 2011 Fall meeting will be held at the shop of Warren Glover, Cleveland, GA in November. He hasn't decided on the exact date at this time but was leaning toward the first weekend. So, mark your calendars. Upon confirmation, this thread will confirm the date. 9/28/11 - date set for Nov 5th.

UPDATE (10/27): Directions are available by sending a blank email to meetings@georgiaknifemakersguild.com. The directions will be automatically emailed back to you.

Demo's will be announced later.

Standard agenda for the day; the Board will meet at 8 am or soon as we all arrive, followed by the general meeting of the Guild. The demos follow, iron in the hat, lunch, scholarship knife drawing and any remaining demos.

Monitor this thread for updates to the meeting.

See everyone in November.

Randy

Last edited by Jamey Saunders; 10-27-2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Added link to directions
Old 09-28-2011, 03:50 PM

Fall Meeting Date: Sat, Nov 5th

This post is to confirm and announce the date of the meeting is Saturday, November 5th.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:19 AM

Randy
Folks need a link for directions.
At least a mapquest address for gps.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 10-27-2011, 09:12 AM

Update/demo's/map directions

Directions should be available via the standard email protocol, and will be posted in this forum, within 24 hours. I prefer Google maps vs. Mapquest. For those who can't wait, the address is: 470 Conasauga Drive, Cleveland, GA.

The demo line up is as follows:
A friend of Warren's will demo the assembly of a Swiss Army Knife. I believe he sells all the parts and the purchaser then puts it all together. The demo will result in a completed knife.
Another of Warren's friends is a farrier and will demo some light forging of odds and ends, perhaps a bit, knife blade, etc.
The third demo will be, due to safety issues, a narrative walk thru on two methods of bluing. One of the methods would have required an extremely hot caustic solution and we opted not to permit Mr Murphy to visit that day.

Randy

PS: Post #1 was modified to include the instructions on obtaining the directions via email.

Last edited by RandyScott; 10-27-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Referral to post #1 for obtaining directions via email.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:41 PM

Did anyone send out an email about this? I just heard about the meeting from Andy this morning. He said he didn't get an email either. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I already made plans for my family to come stay with us for my birthday that weekend.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:56 AM

Dylan
We don't send out emails. Members are expected to check the website or here to find out the details for each meeting. Not saying emails would be bad, just noone has offered to do this on a continued basis. We used to have a quarterly news letter that sort of handled that. Seeing how most of us are selfish with our time and would rather be making knives in our shops, it's not likely the newsletter thing will ever ressurect itself.
So....no you and Andy have not been singled out to ignore ....... we are an equal opportunity ignoring bunch when it comes to notification by email. Just have to keep checking the postings.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 10-30-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crex View Post
Dylan
We don't send out emails. Members are expected to check the website or here to find out the details for each meeting. Not saying emails would be bad, just noone has offered to do this on a continued basis. We used to have a quarterly news letter that sort of handled that. Seeing how most of us are selfish with our time and would rather be making knives in our shops, it's not likely the newsletter thing will ever ressurect itself.
So....no you and Andy have not been singled out to ignore ....... we are an equal opportunity ignoring bunch when it comes to notification by email. Just have to keep checking the postings.
Oh man. I hadn't even though about the "ignoring just me and Andy" angle. NOW I see what's really going on. hahahaha! Well I guess I'll have to start checking this more often.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:18 AM

Warren has advised that seating is limited... so, bring a lawn chair if you wish to sit during the day.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Steel Addict

Good Meeting

I enjoyed the meeting. Thanks for putting it on Warren. It was good to see everyone.

Doug Adams
John 3:16
Old 11-09-2011, 08:19 AM

Warren,
Thanks for the hospitality. Really enjoyed the meeting. See you at the next one.
Jim Hamer

Tags
blade, custom, forging, iron, knife, knives, post