MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:11 PM

Randall inspired kits?

If anyone makes one, I can't find it. These things have a huge collector following because they are awesome knives with a great history. The problem is they cost too much for anyone to actually use. I'm not saying anyone should rip off their design, something more like a "tribute" to an American legend. I really like knives that blur the line between hunter and fighter. I have built the Delta 5 and love it. I'd be willing to bet that if someone made a quality kit similar to a #1, it would sell like mad. Espeacially if it was available in a high quality carbon steel with the stout tang of the real deal. I can appreaciate the satisfaction that I can use the knife for what it was designed to do without ruining a collector, as well as assembling it in the style I want. Even Randall sold kits at one point. I see several companies and individuals making their versions - how about one for us that don't want to forge our own blades? I would buy one. (or several)

Anyone listening?

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Administrator

You sure can tee it up for a guy!

They quit making their kits when they saw our 2009 Ranger Classic design!

Ranger Page on KnifeKits.com

It's not a Randall, but a darn fine kit! 11" total length!
This one was a quick prototype for filming. In the right hands, and with JB Weld, it could be slick!

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 03-03-2009, 01:38 AM

Thanks for the reply! I like that, one of those may be finding its way to my house also.
I like the lines of that one and it falls into the category I like. Can you explain your comment about the JB Weld?
I was told once if your trying to sell someone on an idea, you don't waste your breath talking to the guy who tells you "no", nor the guy that immeadiately that says yes, (you already got him on the hook), you work on the guy that says "maybe"!
After a guy builds himself a custom SOG tribute out of your Ranger, he is going to need a "Bo" to go with it.
By the way, knifekits got me started on this stuff and I can't stop myself now. Excellent customer service everytime.
Can I put you down as a "maybe"?

Tags
forge, knife, knives