MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:03 PM

Super Squirt 2.0

Just finished my first SS 2.0, the kit was very well made and even came with extra screws so you don't have to crawl around under your work bench looking for the one you drop

Old 03-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Great job, Jerry!
That's the first set of spalted maple handles that I've seen on an SS. They look excellent!

When I first started this business, I was much younger and couldn't understand how a guy could loose a screw. Now that I've lost a few screws, and some eyesight and hair, I'm beginning to understand what everyone was talking about.

All kidding aside, over time I've learned that it's better to have enough extra parts in a new kit (especially micro-fasteners) to overcome the potential for messed up threads, or for replacing the dry-fit screws with finish screws at the completion of the build. I, for one, tend to take mine apart several times while I'm fitting it up, polishing the action parts, etc. No matter how hard I try to be careful with the screws, I end up scratching the heads, or wallowing out the receptors, etc. At the end, it's really nice to have some clean screws to use when you're doing the final build. Plus, it never hurts to have a few extras to throw in your screw collection for other knife repair uses.

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 03-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Skilled

Sweet little knife, I do like the short stockiness of it (the knife version of me)and the spalting on that maple is really nicely defined. I might have to try out a folder kit some time soon.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Skilled

Very NICE!!!!

Tags
beginning, folder, kit, knife