MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:25 PM

2.0 super squirt

Hey everyone long time lurker first time poster.have built a few of the kits DDR2,DDR3,modern skinner and a few of the beginner kits.But I havent seen much on the squirt,it looks like a great little knife but not much info on it.Maybe some of you that have built them could post your experences,tips,photos,tricks of the trade,ect.That way we could have all that info in one spot.Lol come on guys lets see what yah got !,

Dean
Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 PM

I just put mine together and need some assistance. The knife locks in the closed position but not in the open position. It looks like it needs a slight adjustment but I don't want to screw it up. Can anyone give me some advice on this? When the blade is in the open position, the button release doesn't have enough room to return up far enough to lock the blade.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 03-24-2011, 10:37 PM

I'd start by loosening your screws that hold the bolsters on and loosen the pivot screw a little, and open the blade and let the button lock, then tighten everything back up. I would think that would get you fixed up.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to dankingery
i put one together not too long ago. it was fun and easy. the conversion to automatic was a breeze. the hardest part was putting the #### thing down once i was done. it's my new work/play knife and is always clipped to my pocket. the maxx spring packs quite a kick too.

the blade drilled out quite easy with the 3/64 carbide spade bit. i just assembled it in two halves basically. lined up the spring with the hole in the blade and twisted the two halves into alignment pressing them together when the blade stop pin was lined up. finished screwing it down and was done. make sure you use thread-lock on everything. the spring smashing the back of the blade against the stop pin forces the hinge screws loose with every operation not to mention all the other little screws.

it really was so easy. the only problem i had was one of the screws that holds down the handle scale stripped out on me. without the proper tap i just improvised with a little super glue. you can't tell by looking at it. the only con of the kit i can see is there's no locking mechanism to prevent a "misfire". it would be nice if there was one, but in a month's time i have yet to have one (knock on wood).

Old 02-15-2012, 06:46 PM

Where do I get the star tool for the SS?
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Are you talking about a Torx driver for the handle, bolster and liner screws, or the spline driver for the pivot screws?

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC

Tags
art, blade, button release, handle, kit, kits, knife, pivot, switchblade