MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Enthusiast

Awake up knifekit

Hello, is anyone listening at knifekits. I continue to read about demand for a ddr2bl and a ss metal safety for the ddr3bl. It does not take years to come up with a safety for an existing knife, especially when you advertise that you do machine work. Why in the world did you design such a nice knife and put a plastic safety on it?? Also, how hard is it to down size the ddr3bl to a ddr2bl. I do not see any other 2 inch bl knife kit on the market that would cause a copy right problem. If there is a problem then explain, all I every read is that you are working on it and these things take time. That was an explaination given to someone in 2005. Some of us aren't getting any younger.

Sorry about the frankness,
Frank

Last edited by decheman; 07-21-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Enthusiast

Just my two cents; I would think the sales on the DDR3bl would more than doubble if we could get a metal safty instead of the plastic one. I know I bought one and I'm waiting
for anyone to come out with a SS or Ti safty before I buy another one. I would love to get 5 or more of them; But no way with that cheesee safty. Jim
Old 07-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Master

Send a message via ICQ to Txcwboy
I saw someones metal safety and decided to make MY OWN TOO ! Took a 3/16 chuck of TI and cut it down, filed and filed.Only to have about 2 to 3 hrs in a piece than ended up being too small ! GRRRR so I too will join yalls bandwagon !! HOOK US UP !!

Dave
Old 07-30-2008, 12:00 AM

I'll get on that wagon too. I second all of the above.
Row