MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 01-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Skilled

Thank you for the update Scott! Happy New Years to you and everybody else at the shop!

Now lets see some Killer RMK folks! 2016 was a fantastic year for all things Randall Made at my house!

Thank you everybody who participates here!
Old 01-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Skilled

Thanks Scott for the shout out.
I did enjoy the visit. Just happened to be passing thru on my way to visit my brother in Ft Myers. I've been wanting to visit the new museum. The Randall folks did a great job too. A lot of thought and energy was put in to it. Well done!
Michael Randall was there to greet us, and was very helpful in giving us a tour. I was a bit limited in my time, so will look forward to going back and seeing more.
My focus this trip was on the early Astro that I posted here 19 months ago.
I took it in to the shop for Scott to look at. He went to the back to get an Astro currently in production, and brought it out along with a shop Knife maker, sorry Scott, I don't recall his name, to look at my Astro. He had an interesting insight that he thought mine may have been handled with slabs at one time. It is unusual that it doesn't have a lanyard hole drilled in the tang, leading me to believe that it may have been an early Astro made without slabs, as originally offered in the early '60's. They also found it interesting that the blade was carbon, as the early Astros were.
I appreciated Scott taking some time to look at it.
Gary wasn't there to offer an opinion.
Nice visit, and I look forward to going back. It's always good to visit.

The only knife that I have picked up of late is an early '50's 8-4 pinned stag, and a late 60's or early 70's model 21 little game with a horizontal stamp. As soon as I can reaquaint myself with how to post pictures, I will do that.

Thanks guy's for keeping me in your thoughts, and Scott for your shop hospitality. I have always been made to feel welcome there. I highly recommend a visit to the museum. It obviously was a labor of love.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:51 PM

Welcome back Sam!

I was beginning to think that Scott made up the whole story about you visiting the shop and museum. "Alternative facts" clearly demonstrate that you are indeed still alive and kicking.

We look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Cheers!

David

Old 01-23-2017, 07:44 PM
Skilled

Thanks David. You know, those alternative facts are illusive little devil's😀. Speaking of devil's, how has Canada been enjoying all of her new immigrants who promised to move there? You should take advantage and start a new Hollywood north.

Regards, Samg
Old 01-23-2017, 08:16 PM
Skilled

Lordie be!
Old 01-24-2017, 06:03 AM

Welcome back, Sam. It's really nice to see you post again.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:40 AM

To Sam. who queried: "...Speaking of devil's, how has Canada been enjoying all of her new immigrants who promised to move there? You should take advantage and start a new Hollywood north..."

Well as far as I know all of these "folks" decided to forget about coming up here when they found out the wait time to take a selfie with young Justin (Trudeau not Beiber) is just too long...

As far as I'm concerned we have an excess of snowflakes up here already...

Cheers!

David

Old 01-24-2017, 09:16 AM
Skilled

Aw come on David! Surely there is room for Madonna,and that Nasty woman, Ashley Judd. Thier lives as females have been so oppressed. The cool, clean air would be good for their minds/spirit.....Or not.

Thanks Ron, for the welcome back, and Bill for asking. You have been key in keeping this site going. It's great to see your passion for things Randall.
Regards, Samg

Tags
art, back, bee, beginning, blade, blades, carbon, collector, demo, forge, how to, interesting, knife, knives, lanyard, made, making, man, post, randall, shop, stag, tang