MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Registered

French Gimel-Bergeon switches..........

Hello all:
I'm new here, just found this site and wanted to join the discussions.

I've been collecting switchblades for over 10 years now and have sold, traded, and given away more knives than I own now (75). All are behind secure glass as this is the ONLY way California will allow us to have switches in this state. Display only. I came from AZ, so I had my collection when i arrived, but knew I had to put them behind glass. One of the best switches I've ever had the pleasure to fire was the French Gimel-Bergeon stainless. It is about 8-9" overall and fires so fast you cannot see the blade. The point on all their knives are needle sharp and the worst cuts I've got scars on are all the Gimel Bergeon knives. It will jump out of your hand if not ready for it as the spring in those knives are probably the strongest I've ever seen in any switch.

The only problem is that the French will not allow export of thse knives.... anywhere. You have to go to France to buy these lil gems, or ask a buddy to bring one back for you, or send it through the mail - which is risky.

Has anyone owned one of these? They come in 8 and 9" models and they made an OTF 10" that isn't made anymore, ... and lastly, they made a ladies switch that is dainty and fast opening. Overall length on that is 6". Every knife has a bail on it so I guess they are big on carrying it with a lanyard to help yank it out of their pocket.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
-BL

Tags
back, bee, collecting, fire, hand, knife, knives, made, otf, pocket, sharp