MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:21 AM
Enthusiast

Thumbs up Finally made it back to Australia

Gday everyone,
I have finally made it back to Aus after nearly 3 weeks in the US. What a huge time Keith & I had.
The Blade show went really well, sold lots more knives than we expected and met some really great people and cant wait to return next year.
After Blade we went and spent some time up in Pennsylvania with Robert Eggerling and saw how big billets of damascus were done.
Keith flew home on the Sunday and I carried on to Great Falls Montana to spend 8 days with Ed doing his basic bladesmithing and damascus classes. Having already done a bit of it (1 forged blade and 3 billets with Keith) allowed us to proceed along at a good pace and I was "over the moon" to leave Ed's with 3 finished straight carbon blades and 8 damascus blades forged to shape including 3 in a mosaic pattern.
I could not have been happier. Ed obviously loves teaching as the info, techniques and tips just kept flowing all 8 days. I cannot recommend Ed's classes high enough and he is just a real down to earth genuine good bloke. Thanks Ed with a special thanks to Hammer & Boomer.
So have spent the last 2 days scrounging up bits of pipe & fire bricks to build the forge and have got a couple of mates with their noses to the ground looking for all the press components.
To all of you I met over there this year, cant wait to catch up next year.

Cheers Bruce
Barnett Custom Knives
Old 06-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Master

Thanks for the report Bruce. You were busy!

Take care, Craig
Old 06-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
HI Bruce!

Glad you enjoyed your time here! I had a ball too! Keep us updated on the progress with the forge and press.....lots of willing folks here if we can be of any assistance.

I was thinking about how much I enjoy it when someone comes to me for a class....and although I do love to teach, the part that I like the most is making a new friend like you! I'm always honored to be able to contribute whatever I can to further someone's knifemaking goals.

Boomer say "G'day!"

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knives