MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Trade Report

The Trade Report This forum is for posting comments on your transactions with Knife Network members. Good comments can go a long, long way ... and so can bad. This board will be tightly monitored. Please keep on topic.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:24 AM

Angry Larry Chew Is A No Good Thief/crook/liar,

I'M REALLY TICKED OFF, THIS MIGHT BE HARD TO READ SORRY.
most of you folks wont know me unless, you been on these forums for many years, i'm not that active a member anymore.

LARRY CHEW IS A NO GOOD THIEF/CROOK/LIAR,

First I want you all to know that at one time I was Larry's biggest fan, he used to make one of the best D/A's available, (he still might, (I don't know)
I'm sure you all know the story that Larry's been telling for years,
first he got into a bad motor cycle accident, then he went through a bad divorce, then lost access to his shop, then something else etc etc etc. Larry's line of ( BS) story's NEVER ENDS

Here's my story, Back when Larry 1st came out with his covert D/A I picked up a prototype covert, after a few weeks of having it I realized it was to big for me as a EDC, so while in the Dallas area I called Larry to ask if he would consider a trade for a smaller version of the same knife, he said YES. At that point I asked Larry, HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO REPLACE IT? HE REPLIED 30 TO 60 DAYS. WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY AT THIS POINT I STILL DON'T HAVE A REPLACEMENT KNIFE. We're going on 5 or 6 years now. meanwhile he has been coming out with new designs and models makes knives for shows and dealers and his special forum friends. Larry doesn't return phone calls or e-mails to me unless i threaten him with a letter such as this. Larry has promised me the trickiest covert he ever made. yet has come up with nothing. Many times i have told him that i was going to write down my story and post it all over the net he responds with QUOTE;" IF YOU DO THAT I'LL SUE YOU FOR SLANDER I HAVE LAWYERS READY". LARRY HERE IS THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD SLANDER. SINCE MY STORY IS TRUE . I THINK YOU'LL HAVE A TUFF TIME WITH THAT LAW SUIT, BUT BRING IT ON, I'LL DRIVE UP TO DALLAS FOR COURT GLADLY.

Etymology: Middle English sclaundre, slaundre, from Old French esclandre, from Late Latin scandalum stumbling block, offense -- more at SCANDAL
1 : the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation
2 : a false and defamatory oral statement about a person -- compare LIBEL

TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WAITING ON A KNIFE FROM MR CHEW FOR A RIDICULOUS LENGTH OF TIME.
LETS HEAR YOUR STORY'S

Gregg Lane
Old 08-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Gregg, I'm courious. What does one of Mr. Chew's knives cost? It's to bad that you've had to go this long without any resolution. Maybe things will pick up a little since you've brought your story into the open.

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 08-23-2006, 05:58 PM

The knife I gave to larry cost me about 775.00 back in 2000. that is more then his current knives are listing for.
i'm sure Mr Chew has no intention of making me anything. I just want to warn others not to get involved with this guy. plus i told larry back in march of this of this year that i'd write this letter if he didn't keep in touch with me about this issue, even if that meant he'd reply to my e-mails with nothing more then sorry gregg i dont have any news for you.
Thanks for your interest,
Gregg
Old 08-23-2006, 10:43 PM

I'm confused... Did you keep your original knife while waiting for a replacement or did you give it back to him and have been without it while awaiting a replacement?

Avatar ~ custom crank case cover from 1969 Harley shovelhead chopper
Old 08-23-2006, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Thomason
I'm confused... Did you keep your original knife while waiting for a replacement or did you give it back to him and have been without it while awaiting a replacement?

I thought I made that point clear in my 1st letter, sorry.
Larry took my prototype covert ON THE SPOT cleaned it up a bit and resold it to another collector within days, AND for more money then he was going to give me in credit on the new knife, only after so much time passed did Larry say that to make up for the time frame it's taken he'd really trick out the new knife for me. His words were something like. I WILL MAKE YOU THE BEST, FANCIEST, COVERT I'VE EVER MADE. he was talking about doing some really neat stuff, like inlays IN the BLADE. and all the regular flash that I like.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Steel Addict

Gregg,

Is Larry in the Guild. If so maybe bringing it up before them would get some action going.

good luck with your quest!
Old 08-24-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim graham
Gregg,

Is Larry in the Guild. If so maybe bringing it up before them would get some action going.

good luck with your quest!

Good Idea Jim, thanks

Gregg
Old 11-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Administrator

Gregg ... did you get this resolved to your satisfaction??

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 11-09-2006, 04:35 PM

lets just say i'm not holding my breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNAdmin
Gregg ... did you get this resolved to your satisfaction??

I Looked up the knife makers guild and did not come across Larry Chew's name, i guess he's not a member.

and Larry has NEVER tryed to settle this matter with me.

I'm pretty much given up on Mr chew doing the right thing.
I believe in Charma and Larry Chew will gets what coming to him.

Gregg

Tags
blade, knife, knives