MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 04-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Talking Ya Gotta see this!!!!

I was honored, I was surprised, I was humbled beyond belief!! On Friday at the OKCA show, Tom and Jon came over to my table and asked me what I thought about this knife. At first I thought they were asking me to inspect it........but then Tom told me......."It's yours." My jaw dropped, and yes........the tears flowed. They told me that it was for all I had done for them, and for serving in the Gulf. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but for me there is no greater honor than for fellow knifemakers to create a knife just for me! I can't image what I ever did to deserve something as wonderful as this bowie. Thank you Tom and Jon!! This will always be a cherished possession, and will occupy a place of honor in my home and in my heart. I almost forgot to tell you about it....... Beautiful mosaic damascus blade, carved ironwood scales, fantastic scroll work on the butt, and "make ya go blind" filework on the tang liners! Enjoy!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."

Last edited by Ed Caffrey; 04-16-2003 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:49 PM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Ed, for all you've given to the world, from the knowledge you've donated to the rest of us here to your service in the Gulf, you absolutely deserve this knife. I'm glad to see people remember those who serve, and reward them. Thanks for letting us take a look, it's a mighty fine blade.

And thanks again for all you've done.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 04-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Steel Addict

That's beautiful! I have to echo Jamey's sentiments. Your advice and tips have made a big difference in my knifemaking in the past year or so, and your work is a continuing inspiration. We're all endebted to our servicemen and women, too. Thanks for all you've done! Oh, and congrats to Jon and Tom for such fine work . . .

Josh
Old 04-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Steel Addict

WOW Ed! Simply amazing. Now that's appreciation for you! You deserve it and it must have made you feel very good. Congratulations!

Old 04-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Skilled

Congrats! Ed. That is a wonderful token of appreciation that was presented to you. The sacrifices that you and your family have made to protect our country are much appreciated by me also. Your willingness to help people is something that is becoming a rare treasure in this world. Thank you for being the person that you are. I hope you enjoy you retirement. Don't forget to post pictures of your work to keep us all inspired here.

Brian
Old 04-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Hall of Famer

as i said - he likes it!

the other thread

Old 04-17-2003, 06:04 PM
Enthusiast

I got a chance to see the knife at the show i was amazed with it and thaught it was very nice of tom and jon it was nice seeing all 3 of them a great bunch of guys you couldnt ask for better people then them
Thanks ED,JON,TOM
also got a EBK from ed it works great
THANKS GUYS
SAM
Old 04-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Steel Addict

Service

I would like to start by saying that I am not a maker. I am a retired welder, but would like to comment.
Congratulations on the knife Ed, and thank you for your service and sacrifices you and your family have made for our country and it's citizens.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:42 PM
Enthusiast

I cant think of a man who deserves it more than you Ed. What a beauty it is too!! It comes as no surprise to me that someone has given back to such a freely giving person like yourself. You are muchly deserving. Congrats.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Guru

No finer sentiment given, or greater honor to have received...than the heart-felt appreciation of your friends.

You earned it in spades Ed.

Congratulations!

Tim

Old 03-12-2004, 08:01 AM
Master

it is quite an honor, must really make you feel good. and to the guys who made it- such a thoughtfull thing to do. hope no one minds- i'm going to copy a picture of that fine knife and put it in my files. not having a very artistic mind [ i like the way the end of the handle was done] , it will give me ideas for the future.
congratulations to you and the makers, knifemakers are some of the finest people i've ever met. paul

http://www.phforge.com

Old 03-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Steel Addict

I'm retired military, four years in the Marine Corps and sixteen in the Army, and any time I see someone from the military honored for what he or she has done for their country it makes me feel good. That was a classy thing to do for Ed. I'm sixty two years old and everytime the military is deployed I still want to go with them. Old habits die hard.

Last edited by Tom Militano; 03-12-2004 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Hall of Famer

This is a great honor for you Ed. It is really special coming from the guys who made it for you. You have my congradulations, and thanks for always going over and beyond for us.

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 03-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Skilled

Send a message via Yahoo to YAMAMA
Ed,
You and others deserve gifts from many of us who sponge info from you. You experience and insight keep us from making a lot of mistakes throught trial and error. If not for people like yourself who are open with their knowledge and so willing to help many of us would have never even taken the leap into making knives.

I also want to thank Tom and Jon for rewarding your contributions.

See ya on Paltalk!

Cheers,
Jerid

JeridJohnson.com
Old 03-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Living Legend

congrats!

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knives