MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 01-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Living Legend

Grant Sarver RIP (OCP tools) and Off Center Forge

Grant Sarver passed away yesterday from an aortic aneurysm. He owned and operated Off Center Forge in Graham WA. He was a long time pillar in the black smithing industry and made top of the line tooling. Many blade smiths used his tools. He was also the national sales rep for the induction forges most of us use.

He only lived about 20 mins from me and this is how I will remember him. Quietly but efficiently building his rugged high quality tooling. He was a great guy always willing to help any way he could. It took a couple phone calls to him to get my induction forge up and running. He was very patient and insisted that I call him any time in the future if I run into any problems.

He will be deeply missed in the black smith and blade smithing community.

Many blade smiths are using his tongs, he made them with alloy steel and they are some of the best out there. I hope there is someone out there that will continue on his tradition of high quality tooling.

Last edited by B.Finnigan; 01-05-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Tags
blade, forge, induction, knife