MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Steel Addict

Not sure where to ask this ?

I have been a member of this site for approx. 2 yrs. not and have run into this a few times. My curiosity has gotten the best of me, so now I have to ask the question. Before I ask the question here is a little back ground on what I am rambling about.
I love to look at the photos of others works at the top of the page under, this heading.
The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions

However occasionally I will click on a photo to see an enlarged version and I get this pop up.

vBulletin Message
C Craft, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

You are registered, but not currently sububscribed for this advanced feature. more info

Answer why would I not have sufficient privileges to look at a photo, and no I am not trying to edit someone else's post.

My account has not been disabled and has been active for two years.

I didn't now I had to subscribe for anything to look at the photo because the majority I can see and I figure that if I can't see it, it is the makers loss 's not mine!

And when I click on the more info, I get this:

Available Knife Network Subscriptions

KNet Online Class : Making a Cowboy Classic Knife Kit
Instructor :: Don Robinson
Class Starts :: 2/5/2007
Student Cutoff Date :: 2/4/2007
(limited to 20 students)
Length of Course :: 30 days
Tuition :: $69.95
Includes a Cowboy Classic knife kit from http://www.KnifeKits.com
Class Description Thread
Visa | MC | Amex |Disc
Select Here:
Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.

OK so here are my questions what the heck is this all about? I thought the idea behind posting those photos was to let others look at your works! Also why when I try to get more info, why am I getting an offer to sign up for a class? When all I was trying to do is look at the photos!!!!!!!!!!!

With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft

Last edited by C Craft; 11-16-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

Beats me. I never heard of this before but I was able to duplicate the problem as you described it. Some pictures I was able to see while others gave me the same message you received. I'll see if I can get Alex to look at the situation ...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 11-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Steel Addict

Thanks Ray I thought I was going bonkers for a little while. I love to look at the knives and only recently the last 6 months or so, is when I remember this the first time it happened.

I originally shrugged it off, thinking that maybe that particular maker had locked his pictures by choice. Then I got to thinking that really didn't make sense.
The next time it happened it was a different maker. Today when it happened again with another different maker! I just had to ask!

Thanks for looking into it!

With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft
Old 11-17-2011, 03:59 AM
Steel Addict

Well I am fairly new to this site and I thought that this was normal.

I thought maybe it had to do with paid membership, but for the life of me I could not figure out why I would be blocked from just viewing a picture.

Jeff
Old 11-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Hall of Famer

You are trying to open the Knifemaking online classes. These classes were closed years ago.

They are closed because they are no longer active.

When they were active, only those students who had payed for the classes could open them.

In other words, it was an online school with paid tuition. I was the instructor, principal, superintendent, and janitor.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Steel Addict

Don,

I did not think I was trying to open any online classes, I was just trying to look at the pictures on the first page of this site.

I am getting this error when I try and click on most pictures in the (Latest 10 Album Pictures) under Photo Gallery.

Jeff
Old 11-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Steel Addict

NOPE TRYING TO LOOK AT PICTURES OF KNIVES AT TOP OF THE PAGE

The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > All Photos

You don't get directed to the class thingy till you click on the more info. But I am getting this when I click on a lot of the photos lately!

Home : Knife Catalogs/Lists : Knife Photo Galleries : Knife Discussion Forums
Knife Shows & Events : Knife Classifieds

Support KNet

Last Viewed On KNet Classifieds | Listing Info

The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > All Photos
vBulletin Message
Welcome, C Craft.
You last visited: Today at 10:31 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 1.
User CP All Photos FAQ Community Calendar ShopStream (Radio/TV) New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

vBulletin Message
C Craft, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
You are registered, but not currently sububscribed for this advanced feature. more info
Log Out Home Subscription

Tried clicking on a pic by JAVO BR, JEFF BUZZ, KENN8, MR FIX IT, JOLEXVOSS, CKLUTFTINGER and this message below is what pops up with each one of them.
I have copied the whole page as completely as it will lets me copy it.

No one is trying to register for a class!

You have a problem with the server or somehow the pics are being entered, or something else but it is not the users fault.

All you got to do is try and access the pics at the top of the page and sooner of later you get the message you don not have permission to access this page.......................

C Craft

Last edited by C Craft; 11-18-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Administrator

I'll try to help.
Couple of questions...

1) What browser and version are you running when this message occurs?

2) After you see the message, are you still logged in?

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 11-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Skilled

I have also experienced this same thing. I use internet explorer and all I am doing is clicking to look at a particular photo of interest. I doesn't do it on all pictures...just some of them.....but the question is...why should it do it on any of them. What's the point of posting a picture if you're going to block people from looking at it? Doesn't make sense.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:01 AM
Steel Addict

Alex

I am also using internet exployer and I do stay logged in after getting this error. Like everyone else that has this issue it does not do this on every picture.

Jeff
Old 11-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

I'm using Firefox but I don't see this as a browser issue. It was easy to duplicate the problem so you should find it pretty easily by clicking a half dozen pictures on the indicated page ....

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 11-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Steel Addict

I am presently using Google Chrome but had experienced the problem when using IE 8. I think it is something to do with the forum. I had said it was a server or something but the truth is I am not all that smart when it comes to figuring out what is the problem with PC's.

I think since everyone is basically saying the problem is there no matter which browser is being used it must be something to do with the forum or how the photos are being linked. At least that is my guess.

When I click on a picture that causes it I go to the screen with the information that I have posted:

Log Out Home Subscription

This is a message generated by the fourm, but when I try to copy it I can't copy it exactly as it appears on my screen.
If I click on the more info this is what appears:

Available Knife Network Subscriptions

KNet Online Class : Making a Cowboy Classic Knife Kit
Instructor :: Don Robinson
Class Starts :: 2/5/2007
Student Cutoff Date :: 2/4/2007
(limited to 20 students)
Length of Course :: 30 days
Tuition :: $69.95
Includes a Cowboy Classic knife kit from http://www.KnifeKits.com
Class Description Thread
Visa | MC | Amex |Disc
Select Here:
Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.

I haven't been trying to edit someone else's page or make changes, only see the photos that they have posted! I definitively wasn't trying to register for classes only see if there was more info about why I was unable to see the photo's.
I remain logged in at all times and at any point I can hit the back button on my browser and it goes right back to where I started at The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions

The problem doesn't happen when trying to view all posted photos at the top of the page, just a lot of them. Like I said I am not a Mr. fix it when it comes to computers but I would guess it is something either to do with the photo's when originally posted or it is something wrong with what happens after they are posted, ( in other words a programming error)!
Anyway I reported because I figure if folks went to the trouble of posting pics of their work I figure they wanted folks to be able to see them!

C Craft
Old 11-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I doesn't do it on all pictures...just some of them.....but the question is...why should it do it on any of them. What's the point of posting a picture if you're going to block people from looking at it? Doesn't make sense.
For general information, we do allow users to create "private" albums. These allow users to post images that are only viewable by the user's own designated personal "contacts" and, in general, moderators. This allows our users to collaborate on knife or equipment ideas away from the general public audience.

However, these albums do not rotate the thumbs to the homepage display, which is where the problem that we're dealing with is originating. For instance, you should never have a problem when clicking on a private image and getting the error screen, as these should never be displayed on the homepage gallery.

Hang in there, guys. We're working on the problem...

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 11-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Please click this link and let me know which, if any, of the albums links that you see on the first page are producing the error screen.

Click this link

Please post the album name, if you get the error.

Thank you!!

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 11-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Enthusiast

I get the error message on the albums Projects and Big Bear for me.

dennie

Tags
art, forge, knife, knife making, knifekits.com, knifemaking, knives, newbie, post, software, switchblade