MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Network : Support & Services > Feature & Member Support

Feature & Member Support Questions about how to use the features on the Knife Network web site? Problems logging in? Post them in here.

Old 11-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Living Legend

Wall Of Honor

With the passing of Rob Simonich, I was thinking that it would be nice to have a place to showcase the person, their knives and provide a way for people to send messages to the families of those CKD members that have unfortunately passed on. Maybe a special forum location that has their picture, a little about them, their contribution to the CKD and contact info for their family to send e-mails or snail mail of support. It would then be possible to send a few bucks along as well.

Over the years some good CKD people have passed on and it would be nice to have a place to go to post a few words about how they affected the lives of the rest of us.

I would suggest we keep it CKD people and ensure that the CKD members family has access to the page.

What do you people think?

How do we make it happen?

Edited to add

We could also offer to help the spouse understand the value of the equipment left behind so that the "Guy down the street" does not rip them off buying the tools. I know several people that got ripped off because the wife had no concept of what the tools were worth and let them go way to cheap. There are people out there that will take advantage, even at times like this.

Tumbling down the road at 35 MPH is no fun, TRUST ME!

Last edited by Bob Warner; 11-29-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:21 PM
Steel Addict

A great idea Bob. I am still stunned even in my "older" age when someone is lost in an untimely event such as this.
I think it would be a nice tribute and a history lesson for the newbies to display a fallen Smiths body of work.I own one of Robs knives and was hoping for more. A sad day indeed. He will truly be sorely missed.

Tags
knives