MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 08-30-2021, 03:42 PM
Skilled

Prayers for Randall Shop Foreman Scott Maynard

I was just visiting and catching up on Knifetalkforum and saw a thread about the Randall Museum closing due to Covid. I read on a bit and discovered that Scott Maymard is on a ventilator from covid,and has been for a couple weeks.
He seemed to be fighting and doing a bit better then had a turn for the worse today.

Please keep him and his Family, friends, and entire Randall shop in your prayers.

Please go to knifetalkforums on the "RMK Museum closed" thread for updates.

Regards, Samg.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:15 PM
Master

Thanks for letting us know. Many prayers for all of us. Sad to learn this and during the course of '20 till now I am very saddened by how this virus has impacted so many.

Old 08-31-2021, 11:40 PM
Steel Addict

Location: Northwest Mississippi just south of Memphis and close to God's Country...Ole Miss.
Yes praying for Scott and his family.
Ronnie
Old 09-01-2021, 10:15 AM
Skilled

Looks like hopefully Scott has turned a corner. An update from this morning.

Apologies for not posting this last night but I didn't get it until 10:30 PM and had already put the ol' phones on charge! Here's the latest report from Dano.
Scott is still in ICU but has been moved to a room with a window, which Dano thinks will relieve some of his anxiety. He has tested negative for Covid! The fight is now with the toxins in his lungs from the vomitting episode as well as the pneumonia.
Scott is maintaining 8 peeps on the ventilator @ 40%. He is beginning to transitioning off of sedation. Because of the negative Covid test, family may visit for more than half an hour.
All together, this sounds very encouraging to me. Your thoughts and prayers have made a great difference and Dano says so. Let us continue our vigilance to aid Scott's recovery, help him to reduce the toxins and gain more independence from the vent, etc..."&" ease his pain during the transition off of his meds.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:45 PM

I'm praying that Scott will have a full recovery as soon as possible.

David
Old 10-01-2022, 09:00 PM
Steel Addict

Gentlemen, just came upon this thread...sorry for not responding sooner...

Thank you all for the prayers and wonderful thoughts! They definitely helped! Its been almost a year since my release from the hospital, I have nerve damage in my left arm that will take a few years to heal. But full recovery is expected...I have been rehabbing for the past 10 months as I had to learn to walk, eat, and learn everything else that involved muscle memory. I am back at Randall Knives full time, managing the shop as usual, I just have to learn to lead by my voice other than experience/example...its been tough, but GOD IS GOOD!

Once again, thank you all for the prayers and well wishes!

Last edited by dirty water; 10-02-2022 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-02-2022, 03:09 PM
Master

Thanks for checking in, glad you are recovering!!

I take the mentality that "God works in mysterious ways." As much as we go through in life there is a greater purpose we may not comprehend. You are here and back at Randall

Old 01-04-2023, 05:39 PM
Skilled

A new lease on life Scott! It's amazing how you survived it. As long as you were on the ventilator!
I look forward to seeing you at the shop on my next visit to Flor##a. It will be a good day!
Regards, Sam

Tags
a, back, bee, beginning, ca, fighting, knife, knives, made, randall, release, shop