MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Guru

newest bearing flipper folder

haven't put up pics in a while hope these come up right...this is the newest folder it has stainless Damascus by mike Norris for both the blade and the bolsters and "fire" carbon fiber handle material (the carbon fiber was hard to get the shine it produces in real life in a pic.) .1 in thick titanium liners the only thing I would like to have done better is the area where the bolster meets the carbon fiber up on the spine side it could have been a lil tighter it looks worse in the zoomed in pics than in real life IF this was for a customer I think I would have went back and done it again. But this one is mine so ill be ok with it. I have gotten a few sales lately by just being out and about and talking to people and the one I am carring now was one of the first and the opening action is no where near as good as this one.....what do ya guys think??? Be honest

cropped 784.jpg

croped777.jpg
Old 09-06-2017, 08:43 AM
Guru

Hmm cant get the pics to blow up when you click on them??? maybe I will try and put them in using photo bucket or something after breakfast
Old 09-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

I think it looks pretty good but, as we all know, there's more to a knife than just how it looks. Have you actually carried one of these for a while? It seems to me that sooner or later that big flipper thing sticking out will wear a hole in your pocket...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 09-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Guru

This one is the first one finished of a set of 3 (same design and shape not materials) the design before this one yes I did carry and I changed things from that one to this one. The first flaw in the old design was the flipper tab it was slightly curved and pointy....wich the pointiness looked cool when it was open it curved back in front of your finger almost like a guard. But as far as function well having to push on a pointy flipper tab was not the most combfortable....that is the reason this one is boxy and I agree it could be a lil smaller.. The second thing I changed this one has 1 finger notch for the index finger and then 1 larger notch for the rest. the previous design had 1 for the index finger but then the one big notch on this one was divided into 2 smaller notches on the previous one...also very un cobmfortable wich is why I turned thos 2 notches into 1...much better still needs design work but like you said ray carry it an find out what can be improved wich is exactly what I plan on doing

Tags
back, bearing, bee, blade, bolsters, carbon, carbon fiber, damascus, design, fire, flipper, folder, guard, handle, handle material, knife, material, materials, newest, notch, photo, pocket, stainless, titanium