MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Guru

You all want the topper?

My birth certificate does not have my first/middle name on it. The new federal ID law is forcing me to drop my names to just Montgomery so I can get a federally approved DL. A non approved DL is a second class/second class citizenship document as well. You cannot get a passport, you cannot vote and you cannot fly in a plane or even legally enter an airport. I am not going through the $300 hassle of a name change by the courts to insert a name I never liked onto my birth cert.

Some liberal states (New Mexico) are implementing the law unmercifully cuz they are PO'd at it. Other haven't started yet so be prepared folks one single letter on your birth certificate is enough to deny you your rights. Do not settle for the 2nd class DL.

Note; my discharge papers and Secret security clearances I once held mean nothing. I have been through the wringer this week.

Oh and if you leave the country? Good Luck getting back in.

Last edited by jimmontg; 07-07-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Caffrey View Post
I keep returning to Canada just because of all the great friends I have there. They are some of the nicest people to hang around with, and probably the one thing that keeps me teaching there is the fact that EVERYBODY is like a sponge.... In all the times I've taught in Canada, I've not once heard anyone in the audience shout "That's not the right way to do it!"

I just like the people and the good attitudes they put forth.
Ha! Those obviously aren't the people they recruit for Canadian Border agents, huh?
Maybe you should invite those guys to your next teaching seminar! You know the old saying about destroying your enemy by making them your friend.

Friends are friends and a great blessing regardless what country they live in .

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!!
Old 07-08-2017, 06:37 AM
Guru

Okk just catching up on this thread....I know things can be a pain but...
ED, reading you post about how they searched you and made you pick up the borax. Lets just say you are a better man than me. I would of had a few words for that....you know what I would do just to be a pain....any time I had free time I would drive up there with a 55 gal drum of borax and tell them to clean that up...lol this is why I have ended up in some very bad situations but I really hate when anyone in authority tries to bully some one that's not...trust me I have my reasons for that...Oh and everytime I drove up with a big bucket of powder guess who would be sitting shot gun .....my lawyer and a video camera...like I said this type of situation is not my strong suit but hey at least I know it....They used to do this kind of thing all the time at the Canada/ny boarder....but eventually too many people complained and some agency sent in under covers to 2 different spots to whitness this....a couple weeks later it made the news and guess what they don't do that any more. Its actually fairly easy to get to Canada from here now...wich is a lil ironic when you look at all the other laws we have here

Tags
antler, bone, buy, diamond, files, handles, home, ivory, leather, made, make, materials, mexico, pattern, post, primitive, problem, scale, scales, sell, sheath, sheaths, store, tanning, wood