MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 06-14-2017, 01:11 PM

Viking Style Scandinavian knife - looking for feedback

I finished this Viking Style Scandinavian knife recently and looking for general feedback.

Overall Length: 9 1/2"
Steel: Steel: 80CrV2 high carbon Handle: 4 1/2"
Handle: Elk Bone, Desert Ironwood, Red Exotic Burl and copper spacers.

Runes Symbols:
Thurisaz - Thor's Protection
Ansuz - Odin's Rune of Power
Elhaz - Rune of Activated Higher consciousness, protection, and confident warding away and destruction of harm and inimical forces.
Tyr - The victory rune. Brings victory in contests, trials and legal judgments. An upholder of faith, steadfastness, and honor, and increases loyalty to higher ideals. Strengthens confidence during ordeals and competition. Invokes justice, maintains order, sustains promises and oaths and brings a lawful outcome. Heals, speeds and recuperation.
Laguz - Holds both constructive and destructive power of the lunar tides. Increases intuition, psychic seer ship and clairvoyance.
Mannaz - A Thought rune for increasing intelligence and intellectual power. Brings success in study and mental effort, aid in social integration and career potential, and a bringer of psychic harmony. Helps one to realize one's full human potential. Gains help from others.

Last edited by Valhalleim; 06-14-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:30 PM
Guru

I made a Viking axe with the Ansuz rune on it. For scandi knives and axes I use the runes and you did a good job. I like the scandi knives and yours is nice, 1080+ steel huh? I have never used it but others tell me it is better than 1080 a little so that's a plus. You at least etched your runes in and that is good, better than a dremel. A clean polish on the blade looks very good and I love the handle materials, but never cared for the shape you went for. The white grooves are just a bit too pronounced. To me, please understand, that's just me. I would have kept the handle in the shape of your average scandi, smooth and a palm swell. That is the only critique I have and some would disagree. Besides that your knife would be perfect to me.

Last edited by jimmontg; 06-15-2017 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Tags
axe, blade, bone, burl, carbon, clean, desert ironwood, etched, handle, ironwood, knife, knives, made, man, materials, palm, polish, scandi, spacers, steel, white, wood