MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Custom Projects

Custom Projects A place to meet for special project threads.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:06 AM

Auction Knife

While displaying my wares at the Chisolm Trail Gun Show a few weeks ago, a volunteer fireman from a small rural fire district in our area came to the table to check out my stuff.
Seeing his fireman's shirt, I thanked him for the work he does and asked why he was in uniform.

He explained that his department had to do some swift water rescues this past season due to flooding and they were forced to borrow a local boat to get it done.

They were at the show selling raffle tickets for some donated guns, so they could raise funds to buy a boat for future rescues.

I happily bought a couple of tickets and was honored when he accepted my offer to make a custom knife specifically for their raffle. I explained that I have a 'Red Label' series which are optimized for Fire Service workers and even though a fireman may not win it, I thought it would be a good choice for their auction.

I will update this thread as this 'custom project' takes shape.

*My Red Label Series can be anything from my design portfolio. It is defined by super durable, low maintenance materials and a 'fire truck finish'. The blade will be a stainless steel (440C, CPM 154, ATS-34, etc) and mirror polished. The handle will be Kydex in Red, Yellow, Orange, or Red/Black two-tone. The sheath will be leather.

www.kansasknives.org

"Drawing your knife from its sheath and using it in the presence of others should be an event complete with oos, ahhs, and questions."

Tags
440c, ats-34, blade, buy, cpm, custom, custom knife, design, gun, guns, handle, knife, kydex, leather, make, materials, mirror, project, sheath, show, small, stainless, stainless steel, steel, water