MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Network : Support & Services > Feature & Member Support

Feature & Member Support Questions about how to use the features on the Knife Network web site? Problems logging in? Post them in here.

Old 05-11-2001, 09:53 AM
J Loose

Web-site traffic tracking

I'm starting to get more purchases and inquiries off of my web-site... I taught myself simple HTML 2, so that is the extent of my web-savvy. I'm wondering how and what I can simply track on my own site.

Is there a good online source for info on how I can determine who/when/what is going on?

Thanks
Old 05-11-2001, 11:27 AM
jeffj

Logging traffic is usually best done by the server software which controls the access to your web site. Typically, log files are kept and software components are written to scan these logs and provide the raw data you are looking for.

I am not aware of any client-side software that will do this from your HTML pages, but I am sure that it has been tried, although I can't imagine it working very well.

You probably need to contact your service provider and see if they can do this for you. Be aware that some providers will charge for this and the others that don't, provide the raw data and it might be difficult to decipher at first.

Jeff Jenness
Old 05-11-2001, 09:06 PM
dogman

www.hitbox.com
Try using Hitbox. You can register for free and they give you the code to put on your pages. It will give you more statistics than you can shake a computer at.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:06 AM
J Loose

Hate dealing with my ISP and no one else out here offers a local phone number... I'll definitely give hitbox a look.

Thanks for the starting point guys...