MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Steel Addict

First show and a tip or two

I attended my first show as a maker this weekend, the "Ohio Knife Classic". And while I didn't sell as many as I would have liked it was well worth the experience. I got the opportunity to meet quite a few folks and have some new experiences. My table was directly across from Jim Downs, heck of a guy by the way, and he introduced me to a few other guys that were also members of the "Knife Makers Guild". Also I got invited to another show they are attending this spring that I wasn't aware of.

Probably the highlight was when a fellow from "Tactical Knives Magazine" asked to borrow one of my pieces and my information so he could take some pictures and put it in an upcoming issue of theirs, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

The one morning before the doors opened I was able to peruse the tables and pick up some supplies as well (which made it so I did not profit from the show with all the expenditures lol) But I did get some good deals. So I thought I'd share, anyone looking to pick up some stuff that is hard to buy online whether because it's difficult to see what you're actually getting and such. Doing this gave me the chance to meet Brad Vice (owner of Alabama Damascus) which I got a good deal from. I was able to pick up everything in the pictures below for about $160, while saving about $.50-$.75 PER INCH on the damascus. I did some quick math and I figured I roughly saved about $75 on the damascus alone... maybe more.

Damascus.jpg

Desert Ironwood.jpg

I figure with the damascus and the Iron wood (also the redwood I'll be receiving from NorCal Nate shortly) I have some pretty sweet razors/knives coming my way in the next few months!

Last edited by WynnKnives; 10-20-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Skilled

Awesome Fred! Just because you didn't sell as many as ya wanted it still sounds like a successful show for you. Way to get your feet wet!
~Nate
Old 10-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Steel Addict

Sweet looking damascus!

Old 10-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Steel Addict

I went to the show. It was my first visit to a custom knife show and I enjoyed it. I picked up some supplies also. I wish there were more around.

Tags
awesome, custom, custom knife, damascus, knife, knives, made, supplies, tactical