MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 08-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Skilled

Send a message via AIM to justice
a few questions

1)ok i have a ev4n1 and a ddr1. the ddr1 seems to have a much smoother action then the ev4n1 now i have pb washers in both kits. but with the ev4n1 i did sand the washers and contacts do you think this is what did it? i used 1200 grit on them. and even when i put new washers( unsanded) it still has a lot of friction. do you guys think this is cuz the contacts on the blade and liners are sanded?now the ddr1 i just slaped to gether and did nothing and it opens like a dream. ok that was prob #1

2) lock engagement- at first the ev4n1 was not locking tight. the lock not fail but the blade would move ever so slightly up and down if moved by hand. creating a slight clicking sound from taping on the lock and stop pin. now i fixed this by sanding with 400 grit very slightly on the area of the blade that contacts the open lock. now it locks up tight .

but with the ddr1 the it locks up but the liner lock does not move over as far as the ev4n1(even befor sanding). should i even bother doing the same to the lock on the ddr1. or will the lock eventualy work its way over with use?

3)why is there a hole on the ddr1's thumb stub? is it there for removal?

4) what are the Precision Pivot Assembly's for? becaus i picked some up on my last order and cant seem to figure out what kit thay fit?

5) i also picked up some half life x . i mixed some up and its sick but i wanted to know how you guys mesure out the right amounts of epoxy to half life x? i just did it by eye 10/1 ratio
but the epoxy as always just globes out and i used more than i wanted to. so now i have a glob of glowing epoxy just siting hear.
i guess i will cut it up and crazy glue it to some stuff that i need to see in the dark. by the way charge it up with sun light you will still see the glow under a 75 watt light bulb

sorry guys im very new at this...justin

Tags
blade, knife