MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 02-11-2002, 09:51 PM
Jeff Sanders

Photo help please

Ok, so i'm using webphoto now and Tai and myself are wanting to post pics, but I cant figure out how to link to them. I read the things under the frontier bowie post on how to do it but still cant figure it out.I loaded the pic like Max said but it wont give me anything when I right click on it. Yep Huh ?
Old 02-11-2002, 10:23 PM
Lensmannn

Let's see if I can parse it down here. I use Netscape but I think it is very similar in Explorer. Try this:
1. Click on the picture you want to view in the album or wherever.
2. It should come up full size but it will be surrounded by all the website stuff.
3. At this point Right click and choose View Image.
4. Now you should have an isolated image in your browser.
5. Copy the url in the location bar of your browser and post that in the message between the proper tags.

That's how I used to do my Imagestation files before they changed and blocked viewing. Oh well. If you are still haveing trouble between steps 3 and 4 (wich sounds like where your trouble is) let us know. Between us all we can figure it out.

Lensman
Old 02-12-2002, 08:19 AM
MaxTheKnife

I'll go over it again Jeff. I kind of breezed through it in the other thread. Sorry about that. And I forgot to ask what browser you were using. I use Internet Explorer version 6.

Anyway, you click on the thumbnail of the pic you want to link to and it will come to a second screen with the description. Click on that pic and it will bring up a new window in your browser with nothing but the pic in it. Right click on that pic and when the little window comes up click on 'properties'. That will show you all kinds of info about that pic. In about the middle of that little page you'll find the URL address. Copy that address and paste it between the image sets just like you would any other pic link. Maybe that will help.
Old 02-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Jeff Sanders

Got it guys Thanks
Old 02-13-2002, 12:35 PM
The Flaming Blade

Cool! It worked ! That's that Ric Furrer wootz blade I've been working on. The pic shows this funky scale I got around the hamon line, right after hardening. It was surprising, because I heated it in a reducing atmosphere. It actually looked kinda neat, but nothing like the true temperline that was underneath. The scale itself had a pattern like damascus steel!
Old 02-14-2002, 08:09 AM
MaxTheKnife

I was going to ask about that funny pattern Tai. I thought maybe it was a sunspot or something. That's pretty cool. I wonder if it will still show up after the knife is all done?
Old 02-14-2002, 08:55 AM
thehomesteader

Is that Wootz? Cast and HC crucible steel?

Old 02-14-2002, 09:36 AM
thehomesteader

The reason I ask is that wootz amascus :: soda:Coke. I am curious because I have never worked with wootz and wonder where you came by it. Wootz (1-2%C.) has been shown to be superplastic and is believed to have been used to fashion the famous swords of damascus. The material most people call damascus today (pattern welded steel) coalesced, in part, out the hullaballoo caused by Napoleanic research into the crucible steels of India. PW steel is a composite material and does share the qualities of true wootz/damascus, ie. hardness, resistance to abrasion and most importantly superplaticity. I don't mean to insult anyone or play semantics, I am interested in working/making some myself and would love to know where you came by it! The other reason I ask is that the original damascus (wootz) exhibits a wattered pattern as well (this is the only characteristic that PW steel shares!) so I am not sure why you would be surprised by the appearance of same.

Tags
blade, knife