MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion

Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion What's hot in the industry. General information about factory knives and mid-tech knife products are discussed in here. Tips, maintenance and modifications also... come on in!

Old 02-28-2014, 12:56 AM
Enthusiast

America's Fighting Ships Knives

I have been working on a project for about 20 years now and it time has come.
I make knives out of steel from different historical naval ships that I get from the museums that have the ships. I have steel from about 15 ships now.
This year is the 100 th birthday of the Battleship Texas and I have kicked off my project with the Battleship Texas knife. Besides handmade knives I have worked with W R Case & Sons to do a 2 bladed trapper with the steel being forged by Devon Thomas for the knives. I sent Devon the ships steel and he is working on the billets for Case. It will be a raindrop pattern Damascus, and the handle material will be decking from the ship. We will start the pre order process on March 15th down at the Battleship Texas site while the celebration of the 100 years of The Texas is going on there. Of these knives the first 100 will be serial numbered.
Here is our Mission Statement

Our Mission is to help further the historical education of our naval military accomplishments and might thru both World Wars and into todays Navy.

Our Goal is to use the cutlery collector platform to help raise funds for Naval Museums and their local Wounded Warrior Projects.
Any one interested in one of these pieces of history let me know at 936-288-1690
or richardsonknives@yahoo.com website is americasfightingshipsknives.com

Last edited by Percy; 02-28-2014 at 12:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Tags
art, bee, collector, cutlery, damascus, education, fighting, forged, handle, handle material, handmade, handmade knives, knife, knives, make, material, military, pattern, project, raindrop, steel, trapper