MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion

Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion What's hot in the industry. General information about factory knives and mid-tech knife products are discussed in here. Tips, maintenance and modifications also... come on in!

Old 12-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Registered

Looking for my my next EDC

It's time for a new EDC. I am looking at a Delica 4 or a Native 3. The problem is, I am overwhelmed by options. My budget is about $50. The Delica 4 at just over 4" closed is as big as I want to go.

I'm leaning towards a Native 3 with the FRN handle and combo edge.

I'd appreciate any opinions, I know nothing about knives really. I have heard good things about Spyderco. But any suggestions are welcomed.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:10 PM

I own an Endura folder with a vg10 blade and have carried several time and find it to be a good knife, stays sharp for a good while and is easy to bring back to a razor edge. I don't know about the Delica or Native but I would assume that they are just as nice. I would say Spyderco makes a good knife for the money.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:34 AM

I am a Spyderco fan and I think you are leaning toward the right knife given the description of what you are looking for, the SC78PBK. I found a site that appears to have the best price...I hope this helps and good luck in your search!

http://www.a2zoutdoors.com/spyderco_native_knives.htm
Old 11-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered

I own a Native III and Endura IV. Both with VG10 steel and plain blade. Personally I prefer Native for EDC because is smaller and better fits in my hand. I use it for cutting carton boxes from computers, cutting ropes and opening envelopes, etc. I prefer the Endura for preparing food and harder work outside, because it has internal liners.

Tags
blade, knife, knives